Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand for Christmas / New years - Opinions needed!

• alt

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2011

Hi folks,
    Myself and the GF are 'flash packing' (I hate to use that word but it's the best way to describe us) through SE Asia for 3 months, landing in Bangkok 12th November.

We'll head North, then to Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. We plan on crossing back into Thailand on or around 20 - 22 December, and spending Christmas / New Years in Thailand (not too far from Bangkok for logistical reasons) before heading down south to spend a month exploring down there.

Now, here's what we can't decide on.... what to do for Christmas / New Years

We're a mid 20's couple travelling who enjoy the company of others. We'd like a nice mix of having our own time to chill-out, but being close to civilisation and other people.

We are completely open minded as to where we go or what we do - the only pre-requisite for Christmas is that we're on a beach with lovely scenery and are around other people. New years we just want to be able to party :)

So, with that, I ask for your suggestions. Ko Chang was recommended but it may be a little too chilled out for us. My main attraction was that it was close to the Cambodian border, but we don't mind travelling so long as we're chilling out by no later than 23rd Dec.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? Many thanks for any help offered

#1 Posted: 7/10/2011 - 18:51

• Advertisement

• nepalguidei-
    nfo1

Joined Travelfish
    8th October, 2011

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
    Sanjib Adikhari ist recomended 2011 by German trekkers Sabine and Frank from Berlin Sanjib_Adhikari_2_x_250.jpgThe ultimate compliment for Sanjib came from fellow trekkers we met along the way who remarked how lucky we were to have a guide so personable, knowledgeable and dedicated to us and our experience. We could not have agreed with them more. *We did a 21 day Annapurna circuit, Annapurna base camp trek and Langtang Valley trek and having never trekked this length before, we were both novices. It is without a doubt, that had our guide been anyone other than Sanjib, we would not have had nearly the rich, authentic and thoroughly enjoyable experience we did. When trekking
    with Sanjib we enjoyed:
    * honest, knowledgeable and sincere discussions regarding anything from Nepal's history and current politics, local religions and culture history, to geography natural landscape and all Mountains Name
    * a sensitivity and sensibility to allow a good balance between conversation and respecting an individual or couple’s need for privacy * over 9 years of trekking guide experience
    * a respect for an individual’s desired pace and physical condition
    * an intimate knowledge of the best accommodations, tea stops and places of interest along the way, according to our own individual budget
    We would highly recommend any potential trekker in Nepal to enlist the services of Sanjib Adhikari. It is without a doubt that you will be richly rewarded if you do so Trek in Nepal his contact address is: sanjib-adhikari@hotmail.com and his website : www.nepalguideinfo.com

Silvana Pagani from Italy wrote in 2011: "My friend Sanjib Adhikari, Nepalse Guide

Silvana Pagani from Italy wrote in 2011 about my experience in Nepal and recommends as guide, Sanjib Adhikari.
    This year at the end of february i went in Nepal for 18 days for the second time and i did a small trekking in the Annapurna region, I went to visit Pokhara, Kathmandu, Bakthapur and Nagarkot and I saw the National Park of Chitwan and in this trip I had the pleasure to meet Sanjib Adhikari.
    He is an independent trekking guide and tour operator in Nepal and he has already obtained trekking guide license from the ministry of tourism, government of Nepal.
    In his work Sanjib is a person very responsible and serious, very helpful and attentive to his customers, he knows very well the mountain because he has many years of experience and is also an excellent guide for visiting the cities.
    He is someone very competent in his work and always ready to find the best solution, if necessary and speaks English very well.During the trekking and the tours he will tell you many interesting things about culture, about life in the villages, mountains, history and traditions in Nepal.
    The best thing is that Sanjib loves his country very much and loves his work and always manages to convey all his enthusiasm with simple ways and always with the smile. He is a very nice person and is always attentive to the needs of his customers. Sanjib is also very funny and after this experience we became a very good friend. Next year at the end of January I will return for the third time in Nepal and Sanjib will be again my guide. 
    For these reasons I am very glad to report all references of Sanjib
    He Is cantact adress www.nepalguideinfo.com

email-sanjib-adhikari@hotamil.com mobile No= +9779841613822

#2 Posted: 8/10/2011 - 21:19

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

Koh Phangan would be the obvious choice for the New Years Eve party. If you stayed on a quieter beach in the north like Thong Nai Pan Yai or Haad Salad you could enjoy a nice christmas and then get a taxi or boat to the party on New Years Eve.

You can get there quickly by flying with Bangkok Airways to Samui and then a ferry across or through NOK Air which has an all in one air, bus and ferry.

#3 Posted: 14/10/2011 - 23:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Opinions and suggestions needed - 4wk trip ... By Sparts on 5 Jun 2009 14 3225 3 Jul 2009
Transport (bus and train) on Christmas and New Years Day ... By jamiemcl on 30 Aug 2009 7 3326 30 Aug 2009
Christmas/New years accommodation in Koh Pahngan ... By Ess87 on 13 May 2011 1 1322 13 May 2011
3 weeks in the philippines where to spend Christmas and New Years? ... By janeybaby83 on 4 May 2014 13 967 16 May 2014