Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Christmas in the South Islands

• floogagoo

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2011
    Location Ireland

Me and the other half are spending late December, early January down in the south Islands. We have Christmas sorted and are staying in Where Else? Koh Lanta as it looks a bit quiet and hippiesque and well, we're a bit like that I suppose. Anyway I dont know were to spend New years but we fancy somewhere a bit busier, not necessarily Phuket though. We're both 25 in case that makes us sound old by the way. Any Suggestions eh?

#1 Posted: 11/10/2011 - 04:18

• Advertisement

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

Why not stay put in Lanta? Otherwise Krabi is close by and Phuket is another good option.
    Phi Phi is busier than Lanta and easy enough to get to.

Otherwise head to BKK or Koh Phangan.

#2 Posted: 12/10/2011 - 06:23

• 9preciousGe-
    ms

Joined Travelfish
    13th January, 2011

old at 25 - you must be kidding

#3 Posted: 12/10/2011 - 22:00

• travla

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2011

Lanta is an awesome place and there will be several beach parties over this period, a good choice for sure. In my opinion Phuket is a #%$# hole!

#4 Posted: 17/10/2011 - 04:48

• cocopops

Joined Travelfish
    16th October, 2011

we are on lanta for NY so i am following this thread! we are 44, 15 12 and 8!

#5 Posted: 18/10/2011 - 02:58

• floogagoo

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2011
    Location Ireland

Awesome, Ive been looking at loads of stuff for Lanta it does look like the place to be. And yea Travia, I don't look like the look of Phuket, iv heard its a bit like an Ibiza kind of place. If we like Koh Lanta we'll stay for NY too it looks like there's plenty of places to stay. I cant wait, It'll be snowing and frozen at home by then and ill be at a beach with my Santa hat on. Nice.

#6 Posted: 18/10/2011 - 03:08

• menymicke

Joined Travelfish
    31st October, 2011

I am planning to spend a night in Colmar! The town centre is beautifully lit in the evenings in the Christmas period!

Julbord i Malmö | Malmös bästa julbord

#7 Posted: 31/10/2011 - 17:37

• islandlover

Joined Travelfish
    15th November, 2011

If you are interested in something very different for NY but not party then look at this website www.freedom-adventures.net They are based in Kantiang Bay on Ko Lanta and are running a camping trip to the deserted island of Ko Rok on 31December returning 1st Jan.

#8 Posted: 15/11/2011 - 04:06

• whardy

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2011

Koh Lanta will be plenty busy around New Years. The challenge will be to find a quiet corner to yourselves, but that should be much easier to do there than most places down south. There will be parties there, no doubt at Funky Monkey, but if you want a rager, head to Phi Phi. Just don't be surprised if you find yourself longing for Koh Lanta after the Red Bull and whiskey wear off and you've woken up face down in the sand, surrounded by aggressive ladyboys and littered buckets, and your friends ditched you to take the early ferry back (wait, what was the question again? ;P) Koh Lanta all the way, you won't regret it.

#9 Posted: 16/11/2011 - 00:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
CHRISTMAS HONEYMOON ON THAI ISLANDS WHICH ISLANDS DO YOU RECOMMEND ... By Warriorcandy on 1 Dec 2011 1 1016 4 Dec 2011