Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Bangkok Buses

• emblenworld-
    tour

Joined Travelfish
    13th October, 2011

Hi All

I was hoping someone can help me. I'm arriving in Bangkok in Jan and want to get the overnight bus from the new southern bus terminal to Koh Phangan. I've used this service the other way a couple of times but I cannot find out which local bus to catch to the new Southern Bus terminal from Siam Sq or Victory Monument to buy my tickets.

I have seen from a translated version of the Thai Transport Co website that there may be a way to buy tickets in Bangkok, at various Supermarkets for example, does anyone know if this is true? I do not want to use travel agents as I have been ripped off so many times in Thailand I'd rather go to the terminal a couple of days before I need to travel if there are not any ticket outlets in the City.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Chris

#1 Posted: 13/10/2011 - 04:44

• Advertisement

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

I have seen from a translated version of the Thai Transport Co website that there may be a way to buy tickets in Bangkok, at various Supermarkets for example, does anyone know if this is true?

ThaiTicketMajor (TTM) provides this ticketing service for Transport Co., & also the whole Major chain of cineplexes (that's why most of their outlets are in malls) & for other events/performances/concerts. have used them for advance purchase of long distance (inter-province) Transport Co. bus tickets before - they'll issue you a voucher (identical to computer printed movie/concert tickets) that you then exchange for an actual bus ticket at the bus station's TTM booth on the day of travel. there was a 40 baht fee per ticket (not sure if it has increased) & you can select your seat. you can even purchase tickets online through TTM & pick them up from post offices in Thailand or have them mailed to you - however you need a Thai ID to register & only the Thai version of their website seems to work.

#2 Posted: 13/10/2011 - 08:12

• emblenworld-
    tour

Joined Travelfish
    13th October, 2011

Thanks wanderingcat, thats great information. I'm going to try that route as I have a couple of days spare and it saves the fare getting out to the bus station.

#3 Posted: 13/10/2011 - 21:34

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

I prefer the train - :)

#4 Posted: 13/10/2011 - 22:23

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

"I prefer the train"

Not now you dont ;-)

#5 Posted: 14/10/2011 - 12:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.