Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Visa help needed

• Gary1878

Joined Travelfish
    11th July, 2011

I'm due to catch a flight from BKK to Siem Reap tomorrow afternoon. My problem is my visa expired yesterday. I understand there is a 500 bhat per day charge for overstaying which I will pay, obviously, but will it complicate me getting onto my flight or is it straight forward enough?

#1 Posted: 17/10/2011 - 14:48

• Advertisement

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

It's straight forward enough if you get to the airport but don't be alarmed I've never heard of anyone being caught for a couple of days overstay.You've got proof you're leaving in the highly unlikely scenario that you are stopped and asked for your passport. I think there's a little office in the airport to pay from what I've heard but get there early and ask your airline where you pay because you probably have to sort it out before you get a boarding pass and head for immigration

#2 Posted: 17/10/2011 - 17:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.