Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

NYE 2011 in the South / Phuket.. basics please

Posted by canadar85 on 19/10/2011 at 10:44

Hi,

I am flying into Bangkok on Dec 27 2011 and flying out on Jan 8 2012. I mainly want to have some fun in Phuket or another island/beach in the South. If I have time, maybe fly up to Chiang Mai from Jan 3 to Jan 8.

As it's peak season this thread should be helpful to many lol..

Seems Bangkok is not worth spending much time on such a short trip. I would then fly down to Phuket the same morning I land in BKK. Other choices are Surat Thani or Krabi, which are cheaper to fly to.

Can I make a 7am or 7.30am connecting flight if I land at 6.25am?

I'm curious to know specifically what beaches and islands people recommend other than Phuket as well as tips in & around Phuket. I am a fairly experienced traveler having made several short (2-4 week) backpacking trips. I plan to stay in guest houses or hostels, maybe budget hotels under 1400 baht.

Any ideas for an itinerary to see some of the country on the way in or out of Phuket also welcome.

#1 canadar85 has been a member since 19/10/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by canadar85 on 21/10/2011 at 04:07

Mods pls delete this post. Found some great resources on the web.

#2 canadar85 has been a member since 19/10/2011. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.