Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

NYE 2011 in the South / Phuket.. basics please

• canadar85

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2011

Hi,

I am flying into Bangkok on Dec 27 2011 and flying out on Jan 8 2012. I mainly want to have some fun in Phuket or another island/beach in the South. If I have time, maybe fly up to Chiang Mai from Jan 3 to Jan 8.

As it's peak season this thread should be helpful to many lol..

Seems Bangkok is not worth spending much time on such a short trip. I would then fly down to Phuket the same morning I land in BKK. Other choices are Surat Thani or Krabi, which are cheaper to fly to.

Can I make a 7am or 7.30am connecting flight if I land at 6.25am?

I'm curious to know specifically what beaches and islands people recommend other than Phuket as well as tips in & around Phuket. I am a fairly experienced traveler having made several short (2-4 week) backpacking trips. I plan to stay in guest houses or hostels, maybe budget hotels under 1400 baht.

Any ideas for an itinerary to see some of the country on the way in or out of Phuket also welcome.

#1 Posted: 19/10/2011 - 10:44

• Advertisement

• canadar85

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2011

Mods pls delete this post. Found some great resources on the web.

#2 Posted: 21/10/2011 - 04:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.