Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Situation in BKK

• jointbear

Joined Travelfish
    20th October, 2011

Hey Fishers,

My girlfriend and I are set to land in BKK on Sun night and want to know if it's worth the risk. Sounds like the "quick to flood, quick to dry" philosophy is being thrown out the window with the proverbial bathwater and anything else that's wet. Anyone on the ground with a feel for the situation?

We're totally flexible as far as movement and plans go, but we would really like to check out the city for a few days. I've been reading the blogs/newspapers and they either seem industrially optimistic or bitter and truely soggy. Hard to get a feel for the situation from the other side of the globe.

Cheers,
    J.

#1 Posted: 20/10/2011 - 03:38

• Advertisement

• frasmc

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2005
    Total reviews: 3

The inner city in Bangkok seems, as always, very well protected. However, they are starting to divert water to eastern suburbs in a sacrificial move to keep the inner city dry and sand bags still protect some MRT entrances and store fronts. The only real effect the floods are having that I have noticed is that bottled water is sold out at all of the 7 Elevens along Khao San Road.

#2 Posted: 20/10/2011 - 14:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.