Thailand forum

Koh Phayam to Koh Chang by boat...

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

As I understand it you can get a ferry - "from Ao Yai the most popular beach on Chang, Ko Chang Bungalows run a mid-size ferry to the Phayam pier at around 0900 returning 1600. Ko Chang's Bungalows' ferry out of Ao Yai to Phayam. Nice 1 hour cruise down the less seen mountainous west coast of Little Chang. Sure beats the go back to Ranong, change ferries, go out to Phayam (4+ hours)" - Is this still up to date?As for Phayam, still trying to choose between Aow Khao or Aow Yai beach?

#1 Posted: 20/10/2011 - 12:35

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth

Apparently the answer is: There is no boat :(

#2 Posted: 21/10/2011 - 11:02

• altmtl

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth

Update: yes there is...

"There is a boat between Phayam and little Ko Chang. Actually two of them. The main Phayam ferry can drop you off at the south end of little Chang. And one of the bungalows on the main beach little Chang runs a boat between the two islands - in high season at least. I've used both of these to change islands.Can't remember actual names - got details on my lttle Chang and Phayam pages - tezza

"there have long been direct boats organised by the bungalows from Ao Yai to Ko Payam . Its just there may be times when they are not running , or there is not enough people at the time to share the boat . In that case going to Sapah Hin is a back up option. By the way Saphan Hin is very pretty , beautiful views of the coast and very secluded although the beach is only rough coarse sand , very inexpensive to stay there."

#3 Posted: 17/12/2011 - 08:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Koh Chang noi, Koh Phayam ... By Pjotra on 28 Dec 2012 0 1500 28 Dec 2012
Malaria Risk Ko Phayam & Ko Chang ... By scrog99 on 20 Nov 2010 5 6353 18 Sep 2014
Ko Chang (Andaman Coast) or Ko Phayam ... By Tinz on 10 Sep 2012 5 2298 10 Sep 2012
Koh Chang Noi, Koh Phayam (Anadaman Coast) Xmas should i book? ... By Tinz on 24 Sep 2012 3 2092 25 Sep 2012