Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Help changing itinerary due to flooding

• think87

Click here to learn more about think87
    Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2009
    Location United States

Im leaving on the 28th for bangkok and my original plan was to hang around a few days and get my burmese visa then head to trat and Koh chang, koh wai, koh maak etc to chill for a bit before heading to burma mid november.

will this be affected by flooding at all? wasnt sure whether getting to the eastern islands was affected or whether the burmese embassy was in an affected area.

#1 Posted: 22/10/2011 - 00:54

• Advertisement

• frasmc

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2005
    Total reviews: 3

Getting to the eastern islands is currently not a problem, and should remain so. I am not sure about the Burmese embassy, though it will probably be fine and if not you can visit on your way back in November.

#2 Posted: 22/10/2011 - 08:42

• FollowMe

Joined Travelfish
    22nd October, 2011

I think you can stick to your original plan. Over the last few weeks we have heard many reports about Bangkok being flooded. But in fact its not! I am even more shocked to hear on CNN that Bangkok is flooded. I live opposite the Burmese embassy and its all pretty normal at the minute.
    You can do all your you wanted and continue your trip to the east of thailand with no trouble at all!. Not sure how you are going from East Thailand to Burma though.

Have a great trip! Try and speak to locals/ expats living in the areas!

Ray

#3 Posted: 22/10/2011 - 19:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.