Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Where to stay on West Railay Bay

• tijana88

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2011

Hi everyone,

I will be in Thailand around November 9 and am hoping to spend a couple of days in Bangkok (if the flooding gets under control by then) and then make my way to Railay Beach. I heard West Railay beach is the nicest. Can anyone recommend cool places to stay? I am a 27-year old female, traveling by myself so I'm looking for a friendly atmosphere but also somewhere where I can relax. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 24/10/2011 - 10:04

• Advertisement

• frasmc

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2005
    Total reviews: 3

You will probably find it easier to meet people on East Railay, which has more of a backpacker scene than upmarket West Railey, but pretty much anywhere on West Railay will be great for relaxing since rooms and bungalows tend to be nicer. Note that it is only a couple minutes walk from one to the other, and 10 minutes to the nicest beach towards the end of the peninsula, so you are by no means limiting your ability to enjoy the beach and sunsets at West Railay by not staying there. My personal recommendation is YaYa on East Railey, which is one of the closest to the main path to West Railay.

#2 Posted: 24/10/2011 - 12:01

• tijana88

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2011

Thanks! Also, are beaches nicer in Krabi or on Koh Phangan? And what is the best way to get from Krabi to Koh Phangan?

Thanks

#3 Posted: 24/10/2011 - 23:48

• elocinoop

Joined Travelfish
    28th June, 2011

Tijana88: so strange, you have the exact same itinerary as me! I am currently booked to fly into Bangkok on Nov 9, and then was scheduled to fly into Krabi enroute to Railay Beach for 5 nights a few days later.

However, due to the increased flooding situation - I think I might head south immediately on Nov 9. I'm concerned about the water safety (disease; sewage) etc.... Are you still planning on staying in Bangkok?

#4 Posted: 29/10/2011 - 01:04

• tijana88

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

elocinoop, I am no longer planning on staying in Bangkok. I just booked my flight to Krabi and I get there November 7. Still no clue where to stay or how long I am staying for. I am looking for suggestions for places to stay so please let me know if you have any recommendations!

#5 Posted: 4/11/2011 - 08:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Phi Phi and Railay - where to stay ... By valentinaforno on 30 Sep 2012 4 1861 1 Oct 2012
Krabi/Railay Beach Stay? ... By Summer89 on 10 May 2011 1 3822 10 May 2011
Railay or Lanta in May with a toddler - where to stay? ... By ruth678 on 17 Mar 2010 1 1780 18 Mar 2010
Krabi and Railay - places to stay on a budget ... By Worldtraveller on 25 Feb 2010 1 4662 25 Feb 2010
Extended stay in Railay/Krabi - advice ... By Lachmantf on 24 Sep 2012 3 1932 12 Oct 2012