Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Tourist Visa Questions

• jp686

Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2011

I'm planning to apply for a 60 day tourist visa.

Before applying do I need to book flights into and out of Thailand or can I do that after I have the visa?

Approximately how long does the visa application process take?

If I decide that I want to stay for longer than 60 days I believe I can apply for an additional 30 days whilst in Thailand. Is this just a formality or will I have to provide some kind of proof that I require an extra 30 days in Thailand?

#1 Posted: 27/10/2011 - 13:38

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Prerequisites for getting a tourist visa like proof of flights in/out depend on where you apply. Different Thai consulates have different rules so you need to ask them.

A 30-day extension on your visa is a simple formality at any Thai Immigration office. Fill out a 1-page form, provide one photo plus photocopies of your passport and pay 1900 baht.

#2 Posted: 27/10/2011 - 14:03

• jp686

Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2011

Thanks Captain. I'm going to pay a visit to The Royal Thai Embassy (London) next week.

#3 Posted: 27/10/2011 - 21:32

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Tourist visa questions ... By mudchild on 15 Jul 2011 9 2605 21 Aug 2011
Thai multi-entry tourist visa - a few questions. ... By colourcode on 9 Sep 2009 28 7407 11 Sep 2009