Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Have i got my Visa info correct?

Posted by daymouse on 2/11/2011 at 05:37

Ok I've been trying to get my head round the visas mainly for Thailand and want to make sure I've got this correct?

I fly into Bangkok where I'm staying for 3 nights then fly to Hanoi where i will spend a few weeks then across land into Cambodia finally across land back to Bangkok.

So is this correct.

This is on a British passport

Fly into Bangkok and receive a visa free 30 day pass.

Land in Hanoi and hand over my Visa approval letter. (2 passport photos needed)

Cross over the Cambodia/Vietnam border and receive visa on arrival (1 passport photo needed)

Cross over the Thailand/Cambodia border and receive another visa free 30 day pass.

#1 daymouse has been a member since 26/10/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 2/11/2011 at 09:09 admin

You're all correct except for the last point - entering Thailand by land will give you only 14 days. If you need longer, get a tourist visa in Phnom Penh.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Captain_Bob on 2/11/2011 at 15:54

As per Somtam, visa-exempt entry to Thailand is 30 days if entering by air but only 15 if by land.

(including the date of entry so you could say it's only 14 days)

#3 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,821

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.