Thailand forum

Final Itinerary for Thailand / Laos / Cambodia

• nish

Joined Travelfish
    1st June, 2011

Hi

Final draft!

What do you all think of this?

Fly from Kuala Lumpur to Krabi with Airasia. Krabi from 18th December.

Cheap mini van or taxi to Krabi centre from airport.

Stay in Ao Nang for 1 night.

Get the Long Tail boat from Ao Nang to Railay – day trip as expensive

Go back to Ao Nang. Get the ferry from Ao Nang to Phi Phi.

Stay on Phi Phi for a couple of nights upto 24th December

Get the ferry from Phi Phi to the Simian Islands. Stay here for 5 nights (upto 29h December) then get the ferry over to Koh Lanta. Stay here for a night. Do the Four Island Tour from here.

Upto 30th December 2011

Get the bus over to Surat Thani then the boat ticket package that gets me over to@

Ko Samui (a day),

Ko Phangan (6 days) When in Koh Phangnan check out Ao Thong Nai Pan Noi and Ao Thong Nan Pan Yai – get there via tuk tuk or hire a bike.

Koh Tao (4 days). When in Koh Tao stay on Manam beach for accomodation. Upto 9th January 2012

After Koh Tao get over to Nang Yuan. Check that out for a couple of days 12th January then over to Chuphhon to get the overnight sleeper train end of January over to to Bangkok.

19 days leighway - explore.

Arrive in Bangkok no later than 1st February - spend a couple of days here.

Get a day trip over to Ayuthaya.

4th February - From Bangkok get the overnight train to Chaing Mai (second class) - then the bus to Pai from Arcade bus station.

Spend a few days in Pai then on 9th Feb from here back to Chiang mai and from Arcade bus station take a bus to Chiang Khong (border crossing for Laos). Stay overnight there on the Thai side. In the morning take the ferry to Huay Xai and then get Laos visa on entry. Walk to the ferry dock and take the slow boat. This takes two days so overnight in Pakbeng

Now upto >> 12th February

Slowboat arrives in the heart of Luang Prabang. Book onward bus to Viang Vieng. Tubing etc in VV then bus to Vientianne. Three/four nights in LP

Overnight in the capital then on way to Cambodia. >> 17th February (gives me just under a month for Cambodia)

Take tuk tuk to Friendship Bridge and cross back over into Thailand. Get a minivan to Nong Kai bus station then bus to Korat. Stay overnight. Then bus to Aranyapathet and cross over into Cambodia at Poipet to get visa. Then get a bus or shared taxi to Siem Reap .

Enjoy Siem Reap and Angkor then bus to Phnom Phen (five hours). Goto Angkor Watt in the afternoon and wait for Sunset and do sunrise too.

Spend a few days in PP.

Get a bus to Sihanoukville (4 jours). Goto Otres Beach and Koh Rong. Saloem Island - lazy beach,
    ochheuteal beach. Kampot. Monkey beach.

Kon Tonsay and Koh Mak - if have time.

Back to Phnom Phen and then fly to Singapore direct to get connection to Australia on 14th March.

Is this ok? Ive looked at maps and places and took out Vietnam.

Think I should have enough time to do stuff and have planned it so im not backtracking or anything.

Opinions would be massively appreciated.

Big Thanks.

#1 Posted: 2/11/2011 - 06:44

• Advertisement

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Sounds like you have 3 months to see Thailand, Laos and Cambodia. I feel that you have sufficient time for this - to at least hit on your main points of interest.
    Some advice...
    - you won't have to book boat/bus/train tickets in advance
    - every time you travel to a new place plan on that taking the better part of an entire day (except in the Krabi area)
    - you seem to have done some research - but don't be too rigid with your planning
    - pick a few places in each country and fill in the rest of your time accordingly
    Keep an open mind, relax and have fun!

#2 Posted: 2/11/2011 - 07:22

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

I think you have planned it too much. You may find that you like it somewhere and want to stay longer, or you don't like it and want to leave. This happened to me quite a lot while I was travelling.

When in Laos you should consider going to the south, as it is beautiful there. You can enter Cambodia through the thousand islands or cross over to Thailand at Ubon Ratchathani/Pakse and then head south to Cambodia from there.

#3 Posted: 2/11/2011 - 08:55

• nish

Joined Travelfish
    1st June, 2011

Hi

Yeah I thought that. But feel I will try and force myself to stick to the plan so I can experience everywhere then go back later if I have time if I really like certain places :)

Will look into your way of getting to Cambodia :)

#4 Posted: 24/11/2011 - 18:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Final Itinerary - please help! ... By joanne1981 on 25 Mar 2010 8 2095 15 Apr 2010
Thailand/Cambodia/Laos Itinerary ... By luciehayes on 14 Mar 2006 4 3429 12 Apr 2006
Itinerary almost final: need feedback (please) ... By DLuek on 17 Dec 2008 9 3076 30 Dec 2008
Thailand/Cambodia/Laos 6 WEEKS ITINERARY ... By charlottem92 on 19 May 2014 6 793 20 May 2014
One month itinerary - Thailand/Laos/Cambodia - Help Please ... By naaz on 7 Aug 2009 12 6544 10 Aug 2009
Itinerary Advice - Thailand, Cambodia, Laos ... By sandy_28 on 4 Jul 2007 3 3369 9 Jul 2007
2 month itinerary - Thailand, Laos, Cambodia - What do you think? ... By jthomps on 14 Apr 2010 11 4276 18 Apr 2010
Thailand/Laos/Cambodia 6 week itinerary ... By pascal1980 on 31 Dec 2011 16 6128 2 Nov 2012
Thailand, Laos, Cambodia: Another itinerary to rate! ... By jonny5 on 17 Sep 2009 11 3018 23 Sep 2009
Leave in 1 week! Final itinerary help :) ... By misstahlia on 17 Jun 2013 15 2812 8 Jul 2013