Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Need Help Planning NYE 11/12

• Kamacazie

Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2011

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this... but I'm planning to travel to Thailand and would ideally love to hit one of the famous New/Full Moon parties... I'm travling Dec 28 (arriving Dec 29) staying through Jan 2 2012. I looked at the package deals and it looks like you spend a lot more for very little value, but that said, I am flying blind here...

I'm looking for any help to 1. Find a party; 2. Choose a place to stay; 3. Estimate the costs; 4. Anything else I may need for the trip...

I'm also traveling with my traveling partner and would love a gay-friendly place

Can anyone help?

#1 Posted: 4/11/2011 - 11:20

• Advertisement

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

If you steer clear of the Haad Rin/Baan Tai/Baan Khai area you will find that there are plenty of options. Those areas are aimed at party goers as it is where they take place.

Things are already starting to fill up for the NYE time so I suggest you book accomodations ASAP. Have a look at www.phangan.info They have the most up to date info on the island. You can read about each beach and it should answer all of your questions.

Thailand is pretty gay friendly so I think you will be fine anywhere that you go.

#2 Posted: 7/11/2011 - 20:08

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Guava
    He's looking for a party. Why would he steer clear of where the party places are?

#3 Posted: 8/11/2011 - 03:23

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

He says 'it looks like you spend a lot more for very little value'. So I am suggesting he looks at other beaches to get better value for his money.

#4 Posted: 12/11/2011 - 00:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.