Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Finding like-minded travelers in Thailand

• maxtr

Joined Travelfish
    7th November, 2011

Hi guys,
    I'm one of the admins of the website tripcolony.com and I would be glad to receive your tips and suggestions regarding the website. Our priority right now is to improve it (it's still in beta version!) and make it a comfortable and useful service for many travelers and socially open people in general. That's why your feedbacks are important.

A quick explanation about what it really is first, so you get the gist of it.
    TripColony aims to be an easy-to-use social network built by travelers for travelers. It wants to offer the chance for those who love to explore the world to get to know more of their future destinations through friendships with people living on the spot. You create your public profile, your private one for your friends, you set your style, you share the knowledge you have of the places and you just help and get helped. And why not, you might grow friends all around the world and meet them eventually.

We look forward to grow a consistent user-base but what matters most is caring about people's needs.
    Soon we will start a "bring a friend, get rewarded" campaign.

I'd really appreciate if any of you checked it out and gave their opinions.

#1 Posted: 7/11/2011 - 10:01

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

Hi

First of all...
    Secure browsing is not supported on your FB page & your link to Twitter leads no where [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

I'm not sure I understand the term "like-minded travellers" as a lot of travellers are into the full moon party, which I'm not - so what do I do to find "like-minded travellers" like myself? [img]smileys/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway I think Travbuddy.com is doing a pretty good job. As are Couchsurfing and TravelFish.
    Good luck.

#2 Posted: 7/11/2011 - 11:33

• nerja

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011

Well...there are many travellers they are not into the full
    moon party I must say, I don't know why you say that...
    "Like-minded travellers"? I don't get it!

#3 Posted: 7/11/2011 - 17:49

• KarlaG

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2011

Yeah, what is that a "Like-minded traveller"

#4 Posted: 8/11/2011 - 17:40

• nerja

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011

As a non English speaking person I had to look up that term
    in the dictionary, but I couldn't find it...maybe they meant
    "close-minded travellers"- lol

#5 Posted: 8/11/2011 - 18:02

• maxtr

Joined Travelfish
    7th November, 2011

like-minded means the affinity two or more individuals have, for example by sharing the same thoughts or opinion or lifestyle.
    In this context, like-minded travelers refer to travelers who happen to share the same lifestyle or tastes when it comes to travels.

#6 Posted: 9/11/2011 - 02:12

• kets590

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2011

Hi, Thailand is actually a beautiful country. It is one of the most attractive countries in Asia. It has various tourist destinations which are really very attractive. Tourists visits Thailand on very high scale. Last summer vacation we visited to China and enjoyed the tourism over there.

#7 Posted: 9/11/2011 - 05:02

• nerja

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2011

Have you to been to Hong Kong? If so...is there a way to make it cheap? In which season you have been in China?

#8 Posted: 9/11/2011 - 05:14

• kets590

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2011

Yes, I had been to the Hong Kong. We visited most of the cities in China. Summer season we were in China.

#9 Posted: 10/11/2011 - 04:19

• maxtr

Joined Travelfish
    7th November, 2011

Yes Thailand is really an amazing place, with wonderful beaches as well. I want to visit it next year.
    Btw, we got some users from Thailand, you guys are great! :)

#10 Posted: 11/11/2011 - 05:21

• Advertisement

• maxtr

Joined Travelfish
    7th November, 2011

update: bring some friends, let me know their IDs and you'll get rewarded :)
    only on www.tripcolony.com

#11 Posted: 18/11/2011 - 08:30

• phanganvill-
    as

Joined Travelfish
    20th November, 2011
    Location Spain

Thanks I will have a look at that ..

#12 Posted: 20/11/2011 - 04:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.