Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Finding like-minded travelers in Thailand

Posted by maxtr on 7/11/2011 at 10:01

Hi guys,
I'm one of the admins of the website tripcolony.com and I would be glad to receive your tips and suggestions regarding the website. Our priority right now is to improve it (it's still in beta version!) and make it a comfortable and useful service for many travelers and socially open people in general. That's why your feedbacks are important.

A quick explanation about what it really is first, so you get the gist of it.
TripColony aims to be an easy-to-use social network built by travelers for travelers. It wants to offer the chance for those who love to explore the world to get to know more of their future destinations through friendships with people living on the spot. You create your public profile, your private one for your friends, you set your style, you share the knowledge you have of the places and you just help and get helped. And why not, you might grow friends all around the world and meet them eventually.

We look forward to grow a consistent user-base but what matters most is caring about people's needs.
Soon we will start a "bring a friend, get rewarded" campaign.

I'd really appreciate if any of you checked it out and gave their opinions.

#1 maxtr has been a member since 7/11/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by altmtl on 7/11/2011 at 11:33

Hi

First of all...
Secure browsing is not supported on your FB page & your link to Twitter leads no where [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

I'm not sure I understand the term "like-minded travellers" as a lot of travellers are into the full moon party, which I'm not - so what do I do to find "like-minded travellers" like myself? [img]smileys/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway I think Travbuddy.com is doing a pretty good job. As are Couchsurfing and TravelFish.
Good luck.

#2 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by nerja on 7/11/2011 at 17:49

Well...there are many travellers they are not into the full
moon party I must say, I don't know why you say that...
"Like-minded travellers"? I don't get it!

#3 nerja has been a member since 12/8/2011. Posts: 35

Posted by KarlaG on 8/11/2011 at 17:40

Yeah, what is that a "Like-minded traveller"

#4 KarlaG has been a member since 8/11/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by nerja on 8/11/2011 at 18:02

As a non English speaking person I had to look up that term
in the dictionary, but I couldn't find it...maybe they meant
"close-minded travellers"- lol

#5 nerja has been a member since 12/8/2011. Posts: 35

Posted by maxtr on 9/11/2011 at 02:12

like-minded means the affinity two or more individuals have, for example by sharing the same thoughts or opinion or lifestyle.
In this context, like-minded travelers refer to travelers who happen to share the same lifestyle or tastes when it comes to travels.

#6 maxtr has been a member since 7/11/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by kets590 on 9/11/2011 at 05:02

Hi, Thailand is actually a beautiful country. It is one of the most attractive countries in Asia. It has various tourist destinations which are really very attractive. Tourists visits Thailand on very high scale. Last summer vacation we visited to China and enjoyed the tourism over there.

#7 kets590 has been a member since 9/11/2011. Posts: 6

Posted by nerja on 9/11/2011 at 05:14

Have you to been to Hong Kong? If so...is there a way to make it cheap? In which season you have been in China?

#8 nerja has been a member since 12/8/2011. Posts: 35

Posted by kets590 on 10/11/2011 at 04:19

Yes, I had been to the Hong Kong. We visited most of the cities in China. Summer season we were in China.

#9 kets590 has been a member since 9/11/2011. Posts: 6

Posted by maxtr on 11/11/2011 at 05:21

Yes Thailand is really an amazing place, with wonderful beaches as well. I want to visit it next year.
Btw, we got some users from Thailand, you guys are great! :)

#10 maxtr has been a member since 7/11/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by maxtr on 18/11/2011 at 08:30

update: bring some friends, let me know their IDs and you'll get rewarded :)
only on www.tripcolony.com

#11 maxtr has been a member since 7/11/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by phanganvillas on 20/11/2011 at 04:49

Thanks I will have a look at that ..

#12 phanganvillas has been a member since 20/11/2011. Location: Spain. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.