Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Where to stay in Koh Chang

Posted by cmoliver on 13/11/2011 at 06:29

Hi guys

6 of us will be travelling around south east asia for a few weeks, and ending our adventure in Koh Chang for 3 days, where we intend to soak up the sun and generally chill out before the long flight home and (unfortunately) returning to work the next day.

I understand that Koh Chang has a number of differing areas - we're looking for a bit of beach, a bit of swimming and some chilled out bars with the option of having a night out one night (although if its a taxi ride away, thats fine!).

It'd be great if we could stay in some backpacker-villas, i.e. nothing fancy, but not squalid or too noisy. Any ideas for location and specific places to stay? I've heard Lonely/Bailian is the best place for what we're looking for?

Many thanks

Chris

#1 cmoliver has been a member since 9/11/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by whardy on 14/11/2011 at 01:46

I enjoyed staying at Nature Beach Resort on Lonely Beach. Rates for a new bungalow with fan and cold water was 500/night, but very nicely equipped and modern decorations. There were also some other bungalows that were cheaper there. Food was top notch, beach had a nice party, was great for swimming, but was narrow in parts. When you're there, don't miss the floating market at the southern tip of the island. The lighthouse is often left unguarded and has great views, but you didn't hear that from me :)

#2 whardy has been a member since 14/11/2011. Posts: 66

Posted by stoneman on 15/11/2011 at 05:34

Lonely Beach is where you want to stay. Check tripadvisor.com for accom. reviews.

#3 stoneman has been a member since 8/5/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 100

Posted by caseyprich on 15/11/2011 at 07:54

Agree with Lonely/Bailian - you can rent scooters but there are some tight turns on the way north. It has been known the get noisier than other parts of the island, but not an indecent level. Certainly take a trip for an afternoon to get lunch to Bang Bao town to the south for lunch.

#4 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.