Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Where to stay in Koh Chang

• cmoliver

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2011

Hi guys

6 of us will be travelling around south east asia for a few weeks, and ending our adventure in Koh Chang for 3 days, where we intend to soak up the sun and generally chill out before the long flight home and (unfortunately) returning to work the next day.

I understand that Koh Chang has a number of differing areas - we're looking for a bit of beach, a bit of swimming and some chilled out bars with the option of having a night out one night (although if its a taxi ride away, thats fine!).

It'd be great if we could stay in some backpacker-villas, i.e. nothing fancy, but not squalid or too noisy. Any ideas for location and specific places to stay? I've heard Lonely/Bailian is the best place for what we're looking for?

Many thanks

Chris

#1 Posted: 13/11/2011 - 06:29

• Advertisement

• whardy

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2011

I enjoyed staying at Nature Beach Resort on Lonely Beach. Rates for a new bungalow with fan and cold water was 500/night, but very nicely equipped and modern decorations. There were also some other bungalows that were cheaper there. Food was top notch, beach had a nice party, was great for swimming, but was narrow in parts. When you're there, don't miss the floating market at the southern tip of the island. The lighthouse is often left unguarded and has great views, but you didn't hear that from me :)

#2 Posted: 14/11/2011 - 01:46

• stoneman

Joined Travelfish
    8th May, 2010
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 9

Lonely Beach is where you want to stay. Check tripadvisor.com for accom. reviews.

#3 Posted: 15/11/2011 - 05:34

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Agree with Lonely/Bailian - you can rent scooters but there are some tight turns on the way north. It has been known the get noisier than other parts of the island, but not an indecent level. Certainly take a trip for an afternoon to get lunch to Bang Bao town to the south for lunch.

#4 Posted: 15/11/2011 - 07:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.