Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Phuket end of Nov

• magpie

Joined Travelfish
    10th November, 2011

Hi All,

I will be going to Phuket on the 24th Nov for a short break. Anyone can recommend some good seafood restaurant in Patong or nearby which is not too pricey? Thanks

#1 Posted: 15/11/2011 - 07:19

• Advertisement

• whardy

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2011

I'd recommend going to the sea gypsy village in Rawai. It is very cheap, and the freshest fish on the island brought in constantly by the gypsies. Pick your fish, prawns, various shellfish on one side of the street, and the restaurant on the other side will gather it up for you and cook it to your liking. It's easy to find, just go to the fisherman's pier in Rawai. In Patong proper, I heard you can get crabs on Bangla Road ")

#2 Posted: 16/11/2011 - 00:01

• magpie

Joined Travelfish
    10th November, 2011

Thanks for the recommendation. I will do some research on Rawai and its restaurant. Anyway is there any recommendation for place to hangout which i meet some other traveler and hangout?

#3 Posted: 16/11/2011 - 00:47

• whardy

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2011

Honestly, the biggest piece of advice I can tell you about Phuket is stay away from Patong. It's sleazy, dirty, busy, and the #1 reason people don't like Phuket. If you are there, it is very busy with pubs and go-gos and restaurants. More foreigners than Thais, so you're guaranteed to meet other travelers. Patong is most definitely not the quiet hang out beach though, too busy with hookers, scammers, and the suckers that fall for them. I'd recommend Kata or Karon beach, perhaps Naiharn but that's far more quiet than the other two.

#4 Posted: 16/11/2011 - 00:53

• magpie

Joined Travelfish
    10th November, 2011

yes that is what i found on the web as well, Patong is pretty busy with their night life. Alright i will check out Kata, Karon and Naiharn in this case. Thanks once again.

#5 Posted: 16/11/2011 - 01:06

• whardy

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2011

Enjoy your trip!

#6 Posted: 16/11/2011 - 22:30

• magpie

Joined Travelfish
    10th November, 2011

Thanks Buddy.

#7 Posted: 16/11/2011 - 23:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.