Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Bungalows in Ko Phi Phi

• mistykpaige

Joined Travelfish
    26th June, 2011

Hi there!

I'm going to be staying on Ko Phi Phi for about 4-5 nights in January. Normally I'd just show up and try to find a decent place once I got there but 2 things make me think I should book in advance for this trip. A) I'm traveling over Lunar New Year and B) I'll be traveling with my mom. She's an adventurous traveler but I don't want to get stuck in a dogdy place for her first trip to Thailand.

I've looked at a lot of the places listed on this site but would love to get some input from someone who has been there. I prefer staying in a bungalow or something similar rather than a standard hotel/resort. Also, I've heard that the area right around Ton Sai can be quite loud at nights, so maybe something a short walk away. I'm kinda wanting to keep it under 1200 baht if possible. Anyone have any recommendations?

#1 Posted: 21/11/2011 - 07:35

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I was on Ko Phi Phi a coupla monthes ago -- and visited all the places listed here on TF -- so I have been there ;-)

For 1,200 baht a night, in early January, and not wanting a dump, I'd absolutely be booking in advance. Did you see the following story:

Best places on PhiPhi

Should be a good starting point -- let me know if you've specific questions about any of the places listed.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 21/11/2011 - 16:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.