Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

airport to ayuthaya?

• nigatu

Joined Travelfish
    7th February, 2007

hello
    is there any direct public transportation from the new bkk airport suvarnabhumi to ayuthaya? what is the easiest way to get there?
    thanks

#1 Posted: 20/2/2007 - 14:53

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You can get a bus from Suvarnabhumi to Bangkok's northern bus station (Morchit) and from there a bus to Ayuthaya.

#2 Posted: 20/2/2007 - 15:34

• nigatu

Joined Travelfish
    7th February, 2007

thank you, somtam!
    could you tell me the approximate duration of such a trip?

#3 Posted: 22/2/2007 - 13:53

• canidas

Joined Travelfish
    15th February, 2007

According to the Issan trip planner on this site (http://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/thailand-northeast-tour)
    it's about 1:30 h by bus or 1:45 by train.

I'm also going to Thailand next week arriving at the new airport and planning to head on directly to Ayutthaya.
    You can either take the train from Hua Lampong (as far as i read they leave aproximatly every hour) or taking the Bus from Mor Chit (Nothern Bus station... buses going every 20 minutes i think).
    The advantage of Hua Lampong would be that you can get there via airport-express bus

#4 Posted: 22/2/2007 - 20:33

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Good point by candidas for taking airport bus to Hualamphong - I didn't think of that.

nigatu, bus from new airport to Morchit, will take 30 minutes to 2 hours -- toally dependent on traffic -- sorry can't be more exact than that!

You may want to check with your travel agent to find out which Bangkok airport you'll be using as it is looking almost for sure that the old airport is going to reopen.

#5 Posted: 23/2/2007 - 09:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
ayuthaya from Bangkok airport ... By backpack on 17 Oct 2009 3 1626 18 Oct 2009