Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

First trip to Thailand!!!

• Goodmango

Joined Travelfish
    21st November, 2011

Hey everybody! I'm due for my first trip to Thailand this coming Christmas. I'll be flying most likely from Busan, south Korea. Any ideas for the a great 6-7 day trip? We're thinking Koh Phi phi or Koh Lanta...

We definitely plan on coming back for a longer trip after our teaching contract in Korea. But we really need some help with this trip because its coming so soon!!! We start teaching December 1st and our first vacation starts Christmas eve. So much to plan, could really use any pointers!

#1 Posted: 21/11/2011 - 21:04

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Check out here: http://www.travelfish.org/country/thailand . If you want islands, go to that page and click on the Island link on the left.

Lots of good info on this site - you need to dig around.

#2 Posted: 21/11/2011 - 21:38

• whardy

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2011

Generally speaking, your choice is between partying(Phi Phi) and chilling(Lanta). That may be too broad, but it should guide you if you're unsure of what to expect. There are parties on Koh Lanta, sure, and some beautiful, quieter beaches on Phi Phi(ex. Long Beach), but if you're after something specific, best to go all in especially since it sounds like you're set on one or the other. My personal recommendation? Koh Lanta. Cheaper, bigger, more beautiful, ample opportunities for solitude and adventure, and more untamed(Lanta Noi, especially). Like Lizzy said, do some research here. Travelfish is a great resource, greater than the sum of its parts(us contributors). Have fun planning your vacations using this site, I know I do :)

#3 Posted: 21/11/2011 - 23:54

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

6-7 day trip? Unless you're flying south you'll be spending about 15% of that time traveling to and from Bangkok. You can get to the islands in Trat Province in less than half the time (Koh Chang, Koh Mak, Koh Wai, Koh Kut).

If you plan to fly, or take the train, best to book in advance because it's going to be super busy.

#4 Posted: 22/11/2011 - 07:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.