Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

thai islands with a baby

• laritl

Joined Travelfish
    26th November, 2011

hey,
    We're arriving in Thailand this week with an 8 months old baby. We're looking for a nice island to stay in, beautiful beaches etc., but also suitable to travel with a small baby. We've been to Ko Lipe before, and it was great, but the boat ride over was dodgy and wouldn't want to have the same experience with the little one. We were also in Koh Phangan, but didn't like the beaches so much, and the roads to the hotels were awful. Thinking maybe about Koh Kood, or Khao Lak (I know it's not an island). Anyone with a baby could help? Any other recommendations?

#1 Posted: 26/11/2011 - 02:26

• Advertisement

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

There is a small island called Koh Ko Kao not far from Khao Lak that is only a short boat ride that may suit you. It is very quiet and beautiful there. You may want to look at Koh Lanta as well.

#2 Posted: 26/11/2011 - 03:22

• laritl

Joined Travelfish
    26th November, 2011

Thanks.
    We were in Koh Lanta a few years ago. Liked it a lot, but wanted to try something else this time...
    Koh ko Kao seems nice. Any other options?

#3 Posted: 26/11/2011 - 03:51

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Phuket . It gets a bad rep among some in the backpacker scene because it's developed and some have an affinity for non-developed locals (or perhaps disdain for development, I'm not sure). But, having a little one myself, I know that being close to decent medical facilities is important to me, and Phuket has plenty of quality beaches to go with the lessar ones too.

#4 Posted: 26/11/2011 - 05:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.