Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

thai islands with a baby

Posted by laritl on 26/11/2011 at 02:26

hey,
We're arriving in Thailand this week with an 8 months old baby. We're looking for a nice island to stay in, beautiful beaches etc., but also suitable to travel with a small baby. We've been to Ko Lipe before, and it was great, but the boat ride over was dodgy and wouldn't want to have the same experience with the little one. We were also in Koh Phangan, but didn't like the beaches so much, and the roads to the hotels were awful. Thinking maybe about Koh Kood, or Khao Lak (I know it's not an island). Anyone with a baby could help? Any other recommendations?

#1 laritl has been a member since 26/11/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by guava_girl on 26/11/2011 at 03:22

There is a small island called Koh Ko Kao not far from Khao Lak that is only a short boat ride that may suit you. It is very quiet and beautiful there. You may want to look at Koh Lanta as well.

#2 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Posted by laritl on 26/11/2011 at 03:51

Thanks.
We were in Koh Lanta a few years ago. Liked it a lot, but wanted to try something else this time...
Koh ko Kao seems nice. Any other options?

#3 laritl has been a member since 26/11/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by MADMAC on 26/11/2011 at 05:28

Phuket . It gets a bad rep among some in the backpacker scene because it's developed and some have an affinity for non-developed locals (or perhaps disdain for development, I'm not sure). But, having a little one myself, I know that being close to decent medical facilities is important to me, and Phuket has plenty of quality beaches to go with the lessar ones too.

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.