another KS Road scam from an agency...

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

I just found this on thorntree:

"Do not do business with Asin Ski Travel on Kao San Rd, I purchased a plane ticket to Nepal and paid them 500 dollars for it. When I went to the Nepal Airlines counter to check in, my ticket did not exist. It turned out that Asian Sky travel cancelled the ticket for a refund. Avoid this travel agency and warn others about this sketchy business."

another reason not to deal with agencies!

#1 Posted: 29/11/2011 - 09:28

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

this is hearsay. i don't think it is right to cross-post these types of things because you have absolutely no idea if this is true or not. at least when these rants are posted directly on Travelfish, we have a chance to evaluate who the poster is. more often than not the poster is a first-time contributor who is just trying to get even for a bad experience and most of the time the bad experience is due to communication errors rather than a shady business model.

i don't think i agree with you about not dealing with agencies either. i've lived, worked, and played in asia on and off for several decades now, and the overwhelming majority of the time the service and value i've received from agencies has been quite good. there are certainly scams out there too, but those are more the exception than the rule and a little research and common sense will help people avoid most of them. enough said? cheers.

#2 Posted: 29/11/2011 - 11:02

• Sparts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 17

Exacto, you assume that this poster doesn't have a good grasp on whether or not the claim is justified, perhaps he also knows whos word to trust on Thorntree.
    But then again, I'm only making an assumption :)

But on the whole, I agree with you. There is a smaller community here on travelfish, and most of them can be trusted to give a balanced review.

#3 Posted: 29/11/2011 - 13:18

• altmtl

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth

To be honest, I can't be sure this claim is 100% on, but I see no harm in posting the warning.

I've used agencies on occasion to book local tours and never had a problem, but I've also been scammed in Vietnam, and KSR has quite the bad rep, especially the bus tours. I always buy my plane tickets directly from the airline, it's so easy these days.

With the amount of newbie postings I see everywhere from here, CS and TB, it looks like a lot of people aren't doing the research and using common sense. Better to keep them on their toes than in the dark I say. No of course not all agencies are out to rip people off I agree.

#4 Posted: 29/11/2011 - 13:49

• altmtl

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth

#5 Posted: 29/11/2011 - 17:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travel Agency Scam in Hoi An ... By femdem06 on 29 Aug 2007 3 3928 30 Aug 2007
ITAT tuk-tuk, tour agency scam Bangkok ... By pabloeskimo on 9 Jul 2012 13 6837 6 Jan 2013
Unseen Travel Agency Bangkok - Unseen scam ... By dirkvdv on 13 Jul 2012 7 3672 17 Jul 2012