Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Krabi up to Kanchanaburi

Posted by skinnylatte on 23/2/2007 at 03:03

I'm wondering if it's possible to get from Krabi to Kanchanaburi without going to Bangkok.

Any ideas?

Failing which, assuming I catch a bus for Krabi-Surat Thani or Trang, to catch a train an overnight train to Bangkok— what is the easiest and quickest way to get from Hualamphong to that inconveniently located Southern Bus Terminal?

#1 skinnylatte has been a member since 19/7/2005. Posts: 57
 Website 

Posted by skinnylatte on 23/2/2007 at 03:21

Second question: is there a bus from Bangkok to Sangkhlaburi?

#2 skinnylatte has been a member since 19/7/2005. Posts: 57
 Website 

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/2/2007 at 09:32 admin

Easy question first - yes there are direct buses from Bkk to Sangkhlaburi, though they do pass through Kanchanaburi. Buses leave Bkk from the northern bus station (Morchit).

Second question, Krabi to Kanchanaburi, perhaps by some kind of direct tourist minibus thing, but govt buses I highly doubt it. Instead would suggest bus from Krabi to Surat then train north.

Quickest way from Hualamphong to Sai Tai Mai is taxi - figure on around 100B depending on traffic.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.