Thailand forum

$35 Hotel in Bangkok

• Lostbeachbum

Click here to learn more about Lostbeachbum
    Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2011
    Location United States

Hey everyone,

I arrive in Bangkok on Tuesday and still haven't booked my first 2 nights, I usually wing it after that. After 20+ hours in the air and arriving around midnight, I'd like to just hop in a metered taxi and go strait to a comfortable bed and clean shower. I'm only spending a few nights in town before I move on and my interests are mainly street food, traditional Thai culture, and scenery. I like what I read about the Sukhumvit area. I'm a solo male traveler and this is my first visit to Asia, it seems like a good base to explore away from the FMP crowd. Can anyone recommend a nice modern hotel for $30-$35 a night? I looked on Agoda but there are so many options, I'd like to hear some recommendations. Also does Sukumvit seem to fit what I'm looking for? Thanks for any help!

#1 Posted: 30/11/2011 - 17:33

• Advertisement

• ambersaffron

Joined Travelfish
    14th June, 2011

Suk 11 in the Sukhumvit area is great! I'm staying there for my first few nights when I arrive on Dec 7th. $20 for a single with air con, hot shower and breakfast included. I've stayed there before many years ago and loved it. Also, I've read the Atlanta is quite nice and has a pool! it's around the same price. Suk is good for being right on the skytrain line. have fun!

#2 Posted: 1/12/2011 - 08:33

• Lostbeachbum

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2011
    Location United States

Thanks for the advice on Suk 11! I like what I read about it and if your making a recommendation I'm leaning towards spending my first night or 2 there. My flight got pushed back so now I wont arrive until around midnight on the 8th. Being right on the sky train is what I was looking for, I'm plannings on spending a day or 2 strolling down the back alleys of Chinatown and maybe little India. I'll check out Khao San one night just to do it but it's definitely not my normal scene. Maybe I'll see you at Suk!
    Bless up!

John

#3 Posted: 2/12/2011 - 11:57

• DKBK

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2011

I highly recommend Lub d right across from MBK shopping centre and steps away from the National Skytrain Station and Siam Square. Well-designed, super clean, chill, friendly. I can't say enough about how awesome this place is. There are a variety of room types to choose from and definitely in your $30 - $35 a night budget. It's considered a "hostel", but it's unlike any other hostel I've ever seen. I'd consider it more of a super fly urban hangout than anything else.

#4 Posted: 4/12/2011 - 07:09

• Lostbeachbum

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2011
    Location United States

DKBK, I just emailed them and unfortunately I guess because they are technically a hostile, they are insisting I pay for 2 people to book a double, not gonna happen. Thanks anyway

#5 Posted: 4/12/2011 - 12:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.