Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

CHRISTMAS HONEYMOON ON THAI ISLANDS WHICH ISLANDS DO YOU RECOMMEND

• Warriorcandy

Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2011

hello! my husband and i are going to be spending our honeymoon in the thai islands from Dec. 23rd until the 28th. (we will be in other countries prior afetr flying into bangkok but this is the true honeymoon portion). I was wondering if any of you could recommend guest houses/ resorts and the best islands/ beaches. what i want ideally is:

none of the tourist traps, ultra western looking, ridiculously high priced nightlife scene but instead:

A nice hut/room on the beach facing the ocean that is air condition ready, has clean enough sheets to sleep on and a beautiful romantic look. preferably with nearby or on site restaurants, snorkeling, and shopping but not so nearby its a mad party house. something moderate. i want to be very comfortable and enjoy some moderate luxury but in an organic way. i like traditonal asian style. i also like good beaches with clear water.

my husband has already done Koh Tao and he despises Ko Phi phi and phucket. we were thinking of maybe doing both Koh Chang and then either Koh Mak or Koh Lanta.

What do you guys think? is there a place that is a nice happy medium. I loved Ba mae resort but they don't have any rooms on the beach or facing the ocean. i also like the look of Big Easy in Ko Mak but it's a tad pricey at xmas.

All your comments and help are deeply appreciated, THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)

#1 Posted: 1/12/2011 - 19:10

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

If you do Chang Ko Mak is way more obvious - it's a real stretch to Ko Tao from Chang - I'd say it would take more than a day.
    One problem with Chang-Mak - not great snorkelling from the beach. But okay on the offshore snorkelling trips.

I stay mainly budget, but one good value midrange place which is way different on Chang is Grand Lagoona. Maybe you could check Agoda etc for details.
    A pretty romantic Thai type place with spectacular landscapeand good snorkelling off the beach at Tao is Ko Nangyuan Resort (Nangyuan is a small cluster of sand connected islets about 1km off Tao's north west coast).

When I first started reading your post I automatically thought of Ko Ngai in the Andaman as a suitable place with a small bunch of nice midrangers. If you want a second spot not far away which is real different you could consider Ko Laoliang.

#2 Posted: 4/12/2011 - 00:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thai islands over Christmas ... By rocketgirl on 17 Oct 2007 1 2522 17 Oct 2007
Which islands would you recommend? ... By tokyobelle on 22 May 2006 3 1302 23 May 2006
Honeymoon in the islands ... By brinner on 18 Feb 2009 12 2660 25 Jul 2009
Christmas in the South Islands ... By floogagoo on 11 Oct 2011 8 1982 16 Nov 2011
Party Christmas in the Gili islands??? ... By trevstonbury on 13 Aug 2014 3 352 15 Aug 2014
THAILAND: Jungle and islands - Islands and more islands ... By Johncattle on 6 Jan 2011 8 2955 8 Jan 2011
Ko Yao Noi and Ko Yao Yai, the Thai islands you've been looking for ... By somtam2000 on 9 Aug 2006 0 4073 9 Aug 2006
Thai Islands ... By candy5 on 14 Nov 2008 0 1781 14 Nov 2008
Getting to thai islands from siahnoukville ... By josh4321 on 22 Sep 2008 4 1874 26 Sep 2008
thai islands with a baby ... By laritl on 26 Nov 2011 3 1038 26 Nov 2011