Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Khao San to Nonthanburi

• waytogo

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2011

Hi,

What's the most convenient way of getting to Nonthanburi from the Khao San area? Will a cab driver be able to find a specific street adress in Nonthanburi (and not scam me)?

It's hard to find info on how to get to Nonthanburi from Bangkok. I want to do daytrips as I have a couple places to see there but don't want to stay there overnight.

Google tells me it's only a 20 minute drive but sometimes the drivers really don't have a clue where you're going.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 2/12/2011 - 13:06

• Advertisement

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Take the Chao Phraya Express Boat north, from the Phra Athit Pier (Tha Phra Athit) to the last stop. The last stop is the Nonthaburi pier. From there you can take a tuk tuk, cab, or walk to wherever you need to go.

#2 Posted: 2/12/2011 - 15:30

• waytogo

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2011

Thanks very much!

Is the Phra Athit Pier located near Khao San? Can I walk there?

On the Chao Phraya website there are four different Express Boats -- no flag, orange flag, green flag, and yellow flag. They all seem to stop in Nonthaburi. Does it matter which one I take?

#3 Posted: 3/12/2011 - 02:52

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

For the record, it's very unlikely that any cab driver would try to scam you while looking for an address in Nonthaburi.

Yes, you can walk to the Phra Athit Pier from KRS in about 5-10 minutes.

The colour of the flag represents the number of stops the boat makes along the way. There will be a chart at the pier showing the stops for each colour. Obviously, the one making the most stops takes the longest to reach its destination. I like these slower boats, personally.

#4 Posted: 3/12/2011 - 08:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.