Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand Itinerary - am i being unrealistic??

• cellabella

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2007

I am planning to spend 3 weeks in Thailand in May, incorporating a bit of Laos as well. It is my first trip to Asia and I am hoping it will be amazing. But...that is dependent on me getting it right! So...Any advice or tips based on my itinierary would be very much appreciated. Especially if you think it is ambitious or i'm getting it wrong! It is so far...:
    - Start off in Bangkok, spend 2/3 days there, stay at Reflections (or is it too far out?)
    - Fly to Chiang Mai, spend 2 days in town, then go trekking with Lisu Lodge (quite expensive) for 3 days ( i don;t know whether i'm being stupid paying so much for this...any other tips?)
    - Travel to Chiang Kong, stay overnight at Bamboo lodges
    - Cross into Laos, travel by slow boat to Luang Prabang for 2 days
    - Spend 3 days in Luang Prabang
    - Fly back to Bangkok, on down to Samui and on to Koh Tao
    - Spend remainder chilling on Koh Tao, at Koh Tao Cabana
    Any tips, hints or experiences so gratefully received!
    Thank you! Cella

#1 Posted: 26/2/2007 - 01:00

• Advertisement

• steviej

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 2
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Hi Cella,

Sounds very do-able to me (although I've not been over there since 95). I'm sure somebody else will be along to help out soon.

In the meantime there's plenty of tips and ideas on the site. Have a surf around take in the scenery............ ;-)

TTFN
    stevie

#2 Posted: 26/2/2007 - 05:32

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Cella,

As Stevie says, that sounds totally doable. Reflextions isn't too far out at all. I can't comment on Lisu Lodge as I'm not sure what you're planning on doing with them, but I've heard good things about them.

Sounds like a good intro to the region!

#3 Posted: 26/2/2007 - 07:17

• cellabella

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2007

Thank you both so much, that is reassuring. As long as we don't get home breathless and exhausted from it all, then i think it sounds so cool - especially going to Laos in the middle.
    Love the site by the way - you could say I am addicted. Not so good for work...!

#4 Posted: 26/2/2007 - 22:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.