Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Splitting up Island time

• katerpillar

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2011

My friend and I are heading to Thailand, Cambodia and Laos this spring (March - May) for about 2.5 months and are hoping to spend about 3-4 weeks of that time in the Thai islands. We have 2 options we are considering for doing this: We are considering starting in the Western Islands (Krabi province), then going back north to travel through Cambodia, Laos, and Northern Thailand, and then heading back to the Eastern Islands (Ko Phagnan, Ko Tao) at the very end of our trip. Our other option is to travel through Cambodia, Laos, and Northern Thailand first, followed by all the islands at once.

Is 3 to 4 weeks straight in the islands going to get tiresome? Is it better to break it up? Or is travelling to and from the south not worth it, so it's better to do it all at once?

#1 Posted: 11/12/2011 - 17:18

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

Better to break it up, You could also consider the Cambodian islands and big Koh Chang instead of KP & KT!

They will all look alike after a while, better to stay at the one you like, with the best vibe.

#2 Posted: 11/12/2011 - 17:42

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

I agree. You should break it up. Do the Krabi area first, then make your way north and through Laos and Cambodia and the do the Gulf side.

#3 Posted: 11/12/2011 - 19:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.