Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Splitting up Island time

Posted by katerpillar on 11/12/2011 at 17:18

My friend and I are heading to Thailand, Cambodia and Laos this spring (March - May) for about 2.5 months and are hoping to spend about 3-4 weeks of that time in the Thai islands. We have 2 options we are considering for doing this: We are considering starting in the Western Islands (Krabi province), then going back north to travel through Cambodia, Laos, and Northern Thailand, and then heading back to the Eastern Islands (Ko Phagnan, Ko Tao) at the very end of our trip. Our other option is to travel through Cambodia, Laos, and Northern Thailand first, followed by all the islands at once.

Is 3 to 4 weeks straight in the islands going to get tiresome? Is it better to break it up? Or is travelling to and from the south not worth it, so it's better to do it all at once?

#1 katerpillar has been a member since 4/12/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by altmtl on 11/12/2011 at 17:42

Better to break it up, You could also consider the Cambodian islands and big Koh Chang instead of KP & KT!

They will all look alike after a while, better to stay at the one you like, with the best vibe.

#2 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by guava_girl on 11/12/2011 at 19:29

I agree. You should break it up. Do the Krabi area first, then make your way north and through Laos and Cambodia and the do the Gulf side.

#3 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.