Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

some questions about booking rooms

• zarkia

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2007

hello everyone. i have a kind of wierd question. i know that a singe room has one bed and a double room has a double bed (or a twin has 2 beds) but what confuses me is the pricing.

my sister and i are travelling around thailand, malaysia and singapore in may / june and we'll be booking double / twin rooms, but does that mean that we both pay the quoted price, or is the price just for the room (so we both pay half?)

also - is it worth-while pre-booking rooms / huts in the low season, or are their generally a lot of places free?

thanks for any info
    ps - i love this site. it is so helpful :D

#1 Posted: 1/3/2007 - 01:54

• Advertisement

• steviej

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 2
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Hi Zarkia,

The prices you see for Double/Twin rooms will be for the room. As for the pre-booking I personally wouldn't bother, you may even get a better rate than the price listed if your cheeky enough....... ;-)

TTFN
    stevie

#2 Posted: 1/3/2007 - 04:12

• zarkia

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2007

cool out. this is good to know.
    i'll have to practice my haggling skills!!

thanks for the info.

#3 Posted: 1/3/2007 - 22:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Booking rooms in advance, wise? ... By Barnsey on 31 Oct 2006 2 1827 2 Nov 2006
Pre Booking Flights, Trains, Rooms, Etc. ... By kman on 11 Nov 2007 1 2012 11 Nov 2007