Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travelling around from Bang Tao Bay

• Howet

Joined Travelfish
    1st January, 2012

My husband, 9 year old boy and I are travelleing to Bang Tao Bay and staying at Laguna beach Resort in late March but am not sure about how easy it is to get around from here. Any views would be appreciated as do not want to spend the whole time on resort or on set excursions.

#1 Posted: 1/1/2012 - 07:08

• Advertisement

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

There are plenty of taxis that can take you from Baan Tao to the rest of Phuket. There are also songtaews (basically a truck that has had bench seats put in) that run through the entire island and go from beach to beach. So you should be able to get around easily.

There are plenty of restaurants in the area as well as in nearby Surin beach that you can easily walk to.

#2 Posted: 1/1/2012 - 20:06

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

The Laguna property is both sprawling and pretty isolated. As guava_girl says you'll be able to get a taxi to elsewhere but it is a good old drive to anywhere else and I'd imagine the taxis will come up with some pretty hefty fares to anywhere.

The closest spots worth visiting IMO are the beaches just to the south, between Bang Tao and Kamala -- but it may work out more cost effective to grab a hire car than rely on the cabs.

If nothing else, walk down to the southern end of Bangtao -- there's a bunch of more reasonably priced beach bars and when I was there earlier this year there were elephants playing around in the waves -- was fun!

#3 Posted: 3/1/2012 - 01:16

• Howet

Joined Travelfish
    1st January, 2012

Thank you both. A bit of a difference of opinion here. Suppose all we can do is see when we get there.

#4 Posted: 3/1/2012 - 14:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.