Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Loveli Boutique Guest House

• zzryanzz

Joined Travelfish
    3rd February, 2011

Loveli Boutique Guest House – Phuket

As an international tour leader, my groups normally optfor 4 or 5 star hotels but in December 2011, I decided to do a soloreconnaissance trip to Phuket and do it on the cheap, apart from the BusinessClass airfare with Air Australia. (another story). After much scrutiny ofTripAdvisor, Loveli seemed ideal for my purpose. Nearly all contributors spokehighly of the place, so I booked on-line with the request for a deluxe room inthe most secluded and quiet part of the 16 room building. From what I saw,rooms at the front of the building looked a little nicer than mine and somehave a tiny balcony. However, they also get all the considerable noise from thestreet – something I was anxious to avoid. From memory the cost was a littleover $600 AU for 13 nights! I also requested airport transfer which was dulywaiting. The distance from the airport to Loveli is about 50kms and the driverdid it in record time often reaching 120 kph – a tad frightening even for thispetrol head. 500RMDs = AU$16.
    Upon arrival, Andrew (the English owner) and his Thaipartner Neil were waiting at reception and immediately greeted me by name. Anice personal touch. Andrew then gave me a ‘brief’ and then both took me up thethree flights to my room. Thankfully Neil hefted my none-too-light suitcase.
    As depicted on their web site, the room was spacious with9 ft ceilings, and well appointed with large double bed, security safe, halfsize refrigerator (not one of the usual silly mini bar fridges), a two seaterlounge, TV, free Wifi internet access, DVD player, tea, coffee, milk &sugar, plenty of toiletries and a complimentary bottle of Sav Blanc. Each roomhas an efficient, personally controlled split Air Con. The bathroom however,was small and in need of some TLC. There was nothing actually wrong with it butit was not lavish. Plenty of hot water was the main thing. Andrew is hoping toreplace the current TV sets with Plasma sets in addition to upgrading many ofthe furnishings sometime in 2012.
    The housekeeper does a great job each day cleaning everyroom, changing sheets and towels.
    No meals are offered and you should be aware that nothingmuch opens until 10am, however just about 20m from Loveli, I had an Americanbreakfast around 7am for 165BHT. There are places to eat everywhere – suitablefor every budget. Right next door to Loveli is a 24 hour 7Eleven that sells theusual array of food, drinks etc. Just down the street and across a busy road isthe fabulous Jung Ceylon shopping mall. This is new and high class. It isfilled with every kind of shop you could possibly want. Next to it is a foodand wine court where meals from almost every nation can be found at reasonableprices. Not more than a 15minute walk from Loveli is Bang-La Road with its manybars, chest thumping music and pole dancing girls for the price of a drink orbar tab. At the bottom of Bang-La is the picturesque Patong Beach with itshundreds of beach umbrellas, chaise lounges and sun worshippers.

Andrew and Neil also run the Phuket Travel Company on theground floor and they took special care to find out what most interested me.Having decided upon certain tours, I was pleasantly surprised to be givenconsiderable discounts on each. Needless to say, every other shop seemed to havetour brochures displayed, but it was really good for me as an English speaker,to arrange things with another competent English speaker.
    Adjacent is the Loveli beauty salon / massage parlouroffering a full range of services, either in-shop or in the privacy of yourroom.
    All TripAdvisor writers spoke highly of the friendlinessand helpfulness of both men. I can most certainly agree. As an example I asked Andrew to call the airline to change my returndate to Brisbane. He meticulously checked that all was correct and gave me aninstant printout of the new e-ticket.
    Loveli is not designed to be a 5 star establishment, BUTits patrons get 5 star treatment. For the tariff, it is exceptionally goodvalue and well located in Patong.

#1 Posted: 1/1/2012 - 17:02

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Chiang Mai Junior Guest House, formerly SK Guest House...any thoughts? ... By rpblica54 on 27 Mar 2012 0 1827 27 Mar 2012
PENGUIN HOUSE-guest house& serviced apartment @sathorn ... By ccfay on 29 Jul 2008 0 4257 29 Jul 2008
Panda House a new guest house in down town Chiangmai ... By pandahouse on 10 May 2008 0 3487 10 May 2008
Thai House Inn Guest House ... By doveman on 5 May 2006 0 3068 5 May 2006
Mae Sot Guest House ... By cilee on 2 Apr 2010 2 5039 12 Jul 2011
Gin’s Guest House ... By bmaumene on 26 Jul 2007 0 2995 26 Jul 2007
My Anh guest house ... By myanhchau on 24 Jan 2007 0 3273 24 Jan 2007
Guest house in Mae Sot ... By ekkaphan on 20 Feb 2011 0 2734 20 Feb 2011
SHOCKING GUEST HOUSE!!! ... By hayleymn on 16 Feb 2007 30 14318 22 Jul 2009
Guest House at Chiang mai ... By korneel on 21 Jan 2011 0 2473 21 Jan 2011