Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travelling Through Thailand...

• ShackJaymz

Joined Travelfish
    4th March, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hello,

I was just wondering if you could help me out...?

I'm travelling through Thailand later this month with my girlfriend. We've been given some recommendations on where 'not to miss' and this is the travel plan we've came up with

Bangkok
    Chiang Mai
    Bangkok
    Khiri Khan
    Phuket
    Phi Phi Don
    Phi Phi Lee
    Ko Yao
    Krabi
    Ko Lanta
    Ko Muk
    Surat Thani
    Ko Samui
    Ko Phangan
    Bangkok

We've got a full month in Thailand before we head over to Cambodia, but I really want to get as much out of the country as possible!

Is there anywhere that we should definitely NOT miss?

Personally I'm thinking it looks slightly bare between Bangkok & Phuket

Can anybody give me any advice?

Best wishes,

James

#1 Posted: 5/1/2012 - 13:40

• Advertisement

• whardy

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2011

17 places in one month? You should slice that list to at least a third of that, or you'll get nothing out of the country except for pictures out the window of the bus. Focus on a few places you really want to get to know and have activities that you're interested in. What if you make friends with someone you want to travel with or a local invites you to their village? It's important to be flexible and free in your travel plans. Maybe draw a line to where you want to be and by what date and leave the rest up to chance or advice you get on the ground. For example, if you want to end up on Phi Phi, give yourself 5 days to get there from Bangkok. That way you can check out Prachuap Khiri Khan for a few nights, or if you don't like it, move on down to Khao Lak if it looks nice, or go straight to Phuket for a night before getting there early. Maybe you'd like to be on Koh Lanta 4 days after that. That gives you flexibility to stop by Krabi if you hear good things about it, or an extra day or 2 in Phi Phi. If I can make one point, it's don't rush! Thailand is all about taking it easy. Don't make your vacation travel 'work'.

#2 Posted: 10/1/2012 - 02:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.