Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Krabi to Khao Sok

• abbyelaina

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2012

Hello! My husband and I will be traveling from Koh Phi Phi to Khao Sok Rainforest, next month, and I'm wondering if anyone can suggest the best means of transport?

We would like to take a public bus but the earliest ferry from Phi Phi to Krabi doesn't get in until 12:00pm, and the bus schedule seems to run much much earlier! We are staying at the Khao Sok Tree House Resort, I inquired about private transport but they responded with a very expensive quote. Are there any other more affordabe options? Or is there a reasonably priced bus that leaves in the afternoon from Krabi to Khao Sok? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

#1 Posted: 5/1/2012 - 15:29

• Advertisement

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

You can probably arrange to travel by minivan once in Krabi . If you go by government bus you want to get the bus heading to Phuket and get off in Khok Kloy. From there you get a bus heading to Surat Thani, which passes through Khao Sok on route. The only problem is that the last bus passes through Khok Kloy at around 3pm so you may not make it.

You can try to arrange a private taxi from Krabi as well.

#2 Posted: 6/1/2012 - 19:43

• whardy

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2011

Are you sure that's the first ferry? I'm pretty sure there's a 9:00 or at least a 10:30 ferry.

#3 Posted: 10/1/2012 - 02:36

• petittravel-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    29th November, 2012

Hello guava_girl, you mentioned a minivan. Do you know any way to book it in advance???? Or any idea about the timetable?? And do you know if it is direct from Krabi to Khao Sok?? Thank you.

#4 Posted: 29/11/2012 - 02:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Help Itinerary Andaman: Khao Sok, Khao Lak, Krabi 10 days (& pregnant) ... By hello02 on 10 Sep 2014 1 210 11 Sep 2014
Krabi-Khao Lak-Khao Sok by public transport ... By McCaskell on 6 Oct 2007 11 13729 3 Apr 2012