Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Krabi to Khao Sok

Posted by abbyelaina on 5/1/2012 at 15:29

Hello! My husband and I will be traveling from Koh Phi Phi to Khao Sok Rainforest, next month, and I'm wondering if anyone can suggest the best means of transport?

We would like to take a public bus but the earliest ferry from Phi Phi to Krabi doesn't get in until 12:00pm, and the bus schedule seems to run much much earlier! We are staying at the Khao Sok Tree House Resort, I inquired about private transport but they responded with a very expensive quote. Are there any other more affordabe options? Or is there a reasonably priced bus that leaves in the afternoon from Krabi to Khao Sok? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

#1 abbyelaina has been a member since 5/1/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by guava_girl on 6/1/2012 at 19:43

You can probably arrange to travel by minivan once in Krabi . If you go by government bus you want to get the bus heading to Phuket and get off in Khok Kloy. From there you get a bus heading to Surat Thani, which passes through Khao Sok on route. The only problem is that the last bus passes through Khok Kloy at around 3pm so you may not make it.

You can try to arrange a private taxi from Krabi as well.

#2 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Posted by whardy on 10/1/2012 at 02:36

Are you sure that's the first ferry? I'm pretty sure there's a 9:00 or at least a 10:30 ferry.

#3 whardy has been a member since 14/11/2011. Posts: 66

Posted by petittraveler on 29/11/2012 at 02:10

Hello guava_girl, you mentioned a minivan. Do you know any way to book it in advance???? Or any idea about the timetable?? And do you know if it is direct from Krabi to Khao Sok?? Thank you.

#4 petittraveler has been a member since 29/11/2012. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.