Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Train or bus from Hua Hin to PKK?

Posted by nightowlers on 7/1/2012 at 06:39

We are taking the train from Butterworth to Bangkok. We want to visit PKK first, but it seems the train doesn't stop there, only in Hua Hin . This being the case, what alternatives are there to get to PKK from Hua Hin?
We'd arrive in Hua Hin at around 06:30 hrs, and would ideally like to be in PKK by lunchtime.
Would appreciate any suggestions or advice.
Thank you in advance.

#1 nightowlers has been a member since 20/9/2011. Posts: 10

Posted by swag on 7/1/2012 at 17:15

No that info isn't correct I have taken the sleeper that I jumped on at Hat Yai near the Malaysian border. Can't remember train no but we had comfortable a/c 2nd class sleepers. Got in PKK about 4 to 4.30 in the morning from memory. Spent 3 days in PKK and really enjoyed it. Just check out the Thai state railway site to get the info you need on train number that stops at PKK.

cheers

#2 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331

Posted by nightowlers on 8/1/2012 at 01:25

Thanks, Swag. From what I can find, the train from Butterworth only stops at Hua Hin. From your experience, there are other trains from Hat Yai, but guess we'd then have to take two trains. Will check timetables again.

If we do get off at Hua Hin, what alternatives are there to get to PKK from Hua Hin?

Thought we might have breakfast in HH, and then head off to PKK.

Where did you stay in PKK, and would you recommend it?

Cheers

#3 nightowlers has been a member since 20/9/2011. Posts: 10

Posted by Tilapia on 8/1/2012 at 10:18

Train #38 leaves from Hat Yai and stops in PKK at 04:43. Not possible to catch that train in Hat Yai when coming from Butterworth according to the schedule.

#4 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,490
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.