Kite Festival Chiang Mai
9th January, 2012
Dont miss out on the Kite festival near to Chiang Mai in Thailand.
Traidhos Kite Festival 2012 - 21st and 22nd January at PTIS international school - Mae Rim. From 11am to 5pm.
The whole day has plenty of activities on offer:
- Traditional competition with chula and pakpao kites (Thai kite fighting)
- Exhibition on the history of kite flying (including its strong royal connection) in Thailand
- BIG kites flown by experts
- Kite-making workshops
- Lessons from professionals
- Live music
- Further workshops and entertainment
- Food stalls (Thai and Western)
2012 is the first year the kites have come to Chiang Mai but after a successful visit to Bangkok they are finally here in Chiang Mai.
Tickets are 100 bhat per person.
Search on Facebook for more information and directions or reply to this post if your interested in coming!
Hope to see you all there!
#1 Posted: 9/1/2012 - 01:15
Add your reply
You need to be logged in to add a reply.
Not a member? you can join here.