Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Shipping parcels from Thailand

• GussieG

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2006

Has anyone any experience of shipping parcels back to the UK from Thailand? How much is it and is it reliable?

Yours

GussieG

#1 Posted: 5/3/2007 - 19:20

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hey G,

I haven't shipped parcels from Thailand to the UK but I have shipped them from Thailand to the US on several occasions. The service has been reasonably reliable (the Thai Post Office is a professional operation). There are several classes of service, from slow boat surface mail to air express. Prices range significantly too, but I think service in the middle is something like 500 baht for the first KG and 300 baht for each additional KG. Our packages typically arrive in about 6 weeks; sooner if we send them from Bangkok.

A good strategy to save money on postage is to wait until the end of your trip to do the majority of your shopping. Of course that isn't always possible, and shipping a parcel home every so often isn't necessarily a budget buster. I hope that helps. Cheers.

#2 Posted: 6/3/2007 - 06:59

• tumi8

Joined Travelfish
    5th December, 2006

we have bought some furniture in Hang Dong near Chiang Mai and had it packed by the sellers shipping company and shipped to Bangkok, where we used a swiss shipping company we knew well and had good experience with from USA. it takes 2 months to get here and we pay US$300 for everything. the size of our stuff in the container is 2m2.
    i believe shipping is very reliable, since it is done on a daily basis; also the post office option is very reliable.

#3 Posted: 6/3/2007 - 16:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.