Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Shopping for Large Shoes

• Whispy

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2012

Hi,

I don't know if these forums are the right place to be asking this, but I thought I'd try.

Does anyone know a spot in Bangkok where you can buy large (US Size 14) shoes (sandals of a good quality, not something that will fall apart) for men?

Thanks.

#1 Posted: 11/1/2012 - 01:08

• Advertisement

• n8sand

Joined Travelfish
    18th December, 2010
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 3

I've also been cursed with big feet. Though, I can usually fit my feet snuggly into a size 45-46. Even those sizes can be difficult to find around Bangkok.

Usually, if you don't mind paying the full (normal) price, you can find bigger sizes at most of the Central Stores in the Sports/Shoes sections. A perk, even, is that many people in the area don't buy these bigger shoes; therefore, you can sometimes find a new, brand name pair at a discounted rate. I've found pairs of Nikes and Adidas - Size 12 - for around 1000B ($30) in the past.

Otherwise, you can take your chances at some of the outdoor markets. They will be much cheaper here, but it may be harder to track down a larger pair. If you go to Mo Chit station on the weekend, and then to Chatachuk Market, you may be able to track down a cheap, larger pair if you look around.

#2 Posted: 11/1/2012 - 03:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.