Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Koh lanta?

• joe_leviente

Joined Travelfish
    10th June, 2011

Hi guys,

Im just winding down to the end of a 6 month trip. At the moment im staying on a muay thai camp, training every day. Im thinking about where to spend a week fterwards, before my flight.

I havent been to koh lanta before, so was thinking about that. I want something chilled, but still with at least something to do at night, somewhere to meet other backpackers etc.

Is koh lanta like that? Or is there absolutely no nightlife, and just full of families, like some people here have suggested?

Also, id like somewhere cheap!

Thoughts appciated!

Joe

#1 Posted: 20/1/2012 - 21:47

• Advertisement

• inspiredbyk-
    rissi

Joined Travelfish
    9th December, 2011

Koh Lanta sounds ideal. Its got everything you want. Plus you can get to the likes of Phi Phi for a day trip if you wish. the four Islands snorkel trip is amazing. some of the most beautiful islands i have seen in Thailand

#2 Posted: 22/1/2012 - 11:41

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada

I have been to Koh Lanta and I think it fits what you want. The places that tend to have more families are the resorts with private beaches towards the south of the island. The beaches nearer Ban Saladan have a good nightlife and the island is easy to navigate. You should be able to find a beach to have to yourself if you want some solitude. Have a great week!

#3 Posted: 23/1/2012 - 02:55

• whardy

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2011

We stayed at Top View Resort on Kantiang Bay, the nicest beach on the island. It was very reasonably priced, with several cheap (for an island) restaurants around. The nightlife is mostly limited to beach bars. If you're looking for something a bit wilder, you might want to head up to Saladan. The beach isn't as nice, and was littered with rubbish when we were there. I'm sure by now the resorts have swept the beach, but it still wouldn't compare to some of the beaches further south. It's not only for families, we went this past October and saw quite a mixed crowd. Enjoy!

#4 Posted: 23/1/2012 - 03:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.