Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

In Phuket (Patong) and want to move - North or South?

Posted by alt on 21/1/2012 at 04:44

Hi folks,
We're currently in Patong, but want to get out of here tomorrow.

We don't know whether to go North or South. We have to be back in Bangkok in 4 nights, so don't want to waste time.

If we go South we know there are nicer beaches and nice accommodation, but is there anything else?

Is there anything in North Phuket (apart from day trips to some of the smaller islands) worth staying for?

We've been told Ko Lak is worth a look - can anyone clarify? Any info much appreciated!

#1 alt has been a member since 7/10/2011. Posts: 15

Posted by guava_girl on 22/1/2012 at 19:43

If you head south go to Krabi, north go to Khao Lak. I think you will find either of these are nicer than Patong. The beaches in the north part of Phuket are also great but accomodations tend to be on the pricey side.

#2 guava_girl has been a member since 21/10/2010. Posts: 252

Posted by whardy on 23/1/2012 at 03:43

Khao Lak is very sleepy, with looooong yellow sand beaches all to yourself. I really enjoyed myself here because I don't care about sand quality all too much. The swimming was good, beaches empty, and fairly cheap. If you go south in Phuket, try Naiharn. It's my favorite beach on Phuket, save for some small patches of sand here and there without accommodation.

#3 whardy has been a member since 14/11/2011. Posts: 66

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.