Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travel Krabi - Koh Samui -best solution?

• Andris

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2012

What is the best and most safe way to get from Krabi to Koh Samui via Don Sak?

#1 Posted: 24/1/2012 - 08:49

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

You can easily arrange a bus from Krabi to Surat Thani (and possibly direct to Don Sak and/or Samui). I can't recall where the bus station is in Krabi so maybe just ask around some the local agents in Krabi or even at your guesthouse to get an idea of pricing. If you made your way to the bus terminal you may be able to arrange it a bit cheaper. The bus ride between Krabi and Surat Thani is approx 5-6 hours I think.

Hopefully someone will pop up on here with more specific details.

#2 Posted: 24/1/2012 - 12:59

• whardy

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2011

Plenty of agencies on Koh Lanta will sell you a package ticket that's comparable to the cost you'd pay if you pieced it out and did it yourself. Minivan to Krabi town, bus to Don Sak, and then ferry to Koh Samui. Quite easy to do yourself, but maybe you'd prefer an agency help you out.

#3 Posted: 25/1/2012 - 23:45

• Andris

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2012

Thanks! I will get a transport with mini-van and ferry from My Ao Nammao hotel to Koh Samui for 500 bath, which seems fair. Local transports are relatively more expansive in Thailand's touristic areas, than longer trips.

#4 Posted: 26/1/2012 - 07:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.