Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Recommendations on where to go from Koh Lanta?

• grak88

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2012

Hi everyone. We are in Koh Lanta now. We've come from Bangkok, Phuket, and Koh Phi Phi. We got about a week before heading to Krabi and then to Koh Phagnan. We've been on Koh Lanta for 4 days now. Wondering where else to go before heading to Krabi. Thinking Koh Mook or Koh Jum. My search online shows Koh Jum doesn't have anything except inferior beaches and Koh Mook has Emerald Cave. Are these two places just like Koh Lanta? Is anyone familiar with either of these or can recommend other islands to go to before heading to Krabi? Thank you

#1 Posted: 24/1/2012 - 21:43

• Advertisement

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11

Posted from within Vietnam.

We went direct to Koh Muk from Ko Lanta and I can certainly recommend it. It's nothing like Ko Lanta - there's hardly anything there except the local village, a handful of tourist resorts and guesthouses and a few restaurants. Wonderful for doing nothing for a few days! And Emerald Cave is worth a visit too. However, from what I know of the geography, it's the opposite direction to Krabi so you might be better off looking at Koh Jum, which I didn't visit but my friends loved.

#2 Posted: 25/1/2012 - 00:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Recommendations on places to stay in Koh Lanta? ... By chonkyt on 18 Mar 2013 2 2104 4 Nov 2013