Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Advice what beaches to go in Thailand in August

• Jfigs

Joined Travelfish
    26th January, 2012

Hi
    I am planning a trip to southeast asia. Its my first time and after 3 years of lawschool and studying for the bar this will be my BIG vacation. i am looking forward to enjoy a nice vacation. I would love to visit Thailand. I plan to do the main attractions but I would also love to relax a few days at a Beach. I know its the rainy season but after reading a few blogs I feel I can be lucky and get some good weather. What beaches do you recommend? If you think I run a risk of having bad weather, do you recommend any other beaches?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 26/1/2012 - 22:12

• Advertisement

• ayesha

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about ayesha
    Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2009
    Location Thailand

Its not rainy season on the east coast....Koh Tao and Koh Phangnan....

#2 Posted: 26/1/2012 - 23:32

• whardy

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2011

Also Koh Samui and Ang Thong Marine Park... You'll find plenty of good weather, don't fret.

#3 Posted: 27/1/2012 - 01:09

• Jfigs

Joined Travelfish
    26th January, 2012

Thank you for the responses. Do you recommend chiang Mai in August?

#4 Posted: 27/1/2012 - 08:09

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

I can recommend Chiang Mai any time of year, but you never know when the big rains will hit until you're there. Rainy season runs roughly June-October but sometimes August is pretty good, a bit cloudy but not to hot either like in March/April it's usually stinking hot. There are often more thunderstorms and unsettled weather in June and October at the start/end of wet season and more settle in the middle. July and August are surprisingly two of the busiest tourist months in CM.

#5 Posted: 27/1/2012 - 08:41

• stevejames00

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2009

I've been to Koh Mak, Koh Tao and Koh Phangnan (bottle beach was very nice) in July and were excellent. No rain what so ever.

#6 Posted: 27/1/2012 - 09:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Advice on Thailand in July-August ... By mayak on 30 Apr 2008 5 15693 7 Jan 2013
beaches in july and august ... By stefanovic on 12 Jun 2007 2 5588 2 Jul 2007