Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Advice what beaches to go in Thailand in August

Posted by Jfigs on 26/1/2012 at 22:12

Hi
I am planning a trip to southeast asia. Its my first time and after 3 years of lawschool and studying for the bar this will be my BIG vacation. i am looking forward to enjoy a nice vacation. I would love to visit Thailand. I plan to do the main attractions but I would also love to relax a few days at a Beach. I know its the rainy season but after reading a few blogs I feel I can be lucky and get some good weather. What beaches do you recommend? If you think I run a risk of having bad weather, do you recommend any other beaches?

Thanks

#1 Jfigs has been a member since 26/1/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by ayesha on 26/1/2012 at 23:32 TF writer

Its not rainy season on the east coast....Koh Tao and Koh Phangnan....

#2 ayesha has been a member since 12/6/2009. Location: Thailand. Posts: 74
 Website   Twitter   Facebook    Google+ 

Posted by whardy on 27/1/2012 at 01:09

Also Koh Samui and Ang Thong Marine Park... You'll find plenty of good weather, don't fret.

#3 whardy has been a member since 14/11/2011. Posts: 66

Posted by Jfigs on 27/1/2012 at 08:09

Thank you for the responses. Do you recommend chiang Mai in August?

#4 Jfigs has been a member since 26/1/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by Captain_Bob on 27/1/2012 at 08:41

I can recommend Chiang Mai any time of year, but you never know when the big rains will hit until you're there. Rainy season runs roughly June-October but sometimes August is pretty good, a bit cloudy but not to hot either like in March/April it's usually stinking hot. There are often more thunderstorms and unsettled weather in June and October at the start/end of wet season and more settle in the middle. July and August are surprisingly two of the busiest tourist months in CM.

#5 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,872

Posted by stevejames00 on 27/1/2012 at 09:42

I've been to Koh Mak, Koh Tao and Koh Phangnan (bottle beach was very nice) in July and were excellent. No rain what so ever.

#6 stevejames00 has been a member since 29/1/2009. Posts: 53
 Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.