Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Koh Phi Phi Accommodations

• escape4ever

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2012

I'm having troubles finding a decent place to stay in Koh Phi Phi. Does anyone have recommendations where a single person should stay? I prefer a private room and bathroom but want a place where I can meet people and have a lot of fun. I've found a couple of places that people have mentioned, but can't figure out how to book them online (The Rock Inn, Jongs Guesthouse etc.). If anyone can provide some info that'd be great!

#1 Posted: 29/1/2012 - 16:38

• Advertisement

• RACHYPF

Joined Travelfish
    13th November, 2009

Try Hostelbookers for booking online, stayed twice at Daves Golden Hill Bungalows up in the hills. Have fun in Phi Phi!

#2 Posted: 31/1/2012 - 09:44

• escape4ever

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2012

I've read quite a few bad reviews about that place. Is it really as bad as they say or are people just whining?

#3 Posted: 31/1/2012 - 19:05

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

The cheapest places generally can't be booked online and work on walk-in only. Take it you've already looked at the listings on TF and didn't see anything to your liking?

For the cheapest beds, get the first boat over and head to the area immediately around the water treatment thingy and the back lane from there down to Ton Sai. That is where most of the cheap beds are (cheap by PP standards)

#4 Posted: 31/1/2012 - 19:27

• escape4ever

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2012

Ok I have a few questions. Do you think I can do a walk-in during Songkran? I've also found a couple places that interest me, but it looks like I'd have to pay for 2 people. Are there any places you recommend that I get to first thing in the morning? I am open to dorm rooms and I also want to stay somewhere where I can meet people.

#5 Posted: 1/2/2012 - 21:07

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You'll always find something - it may just be your third, fourth or tenth choice. Reasonable overflow options are PP Valentine, Scenery, PP Dream, Gipsy Village. None are especially good, but they have semi-affordable rooms (around 400-600 baht). Dorms are less common and not all that much cheaper. Ivory was ok, they have a website - so perhaps try them. Rock has one as well.

When you get off the boat there are these big signboards that display much of (though not all) the accommodation with not too inflated prices. This is a good spot to start if the island is heaving.

#6 Posted: 2/2/2012 - 01:41

• escape4ever

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2012

Thanks for the info. I'll do some research on those places. Do you know what the Rock's website is? I can't seem to find it.

#7 Posted: 2/2/2012 - 08:17

• rledez1990

Click here to learn more about rledez1990
    Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

We stayed in the marine house hotel (opposite a burger place). It was better than most of the other places we looked into, and was about 700b per night. I don't know if you've stayed on phi phi before, but it didn't have the horrible eggy-smelling water that some of the other hotels in the area have. It's quite quiet but phi phi has so many bars/beach parties to meet people at instead, i would still recommend it!

#8 Posted: 4/2/2012 - 13:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.