Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Itinerary advice

• daxjf82

Joined Travelfish
    1st February, 2012

Greetings all! I am heading to Thailand for my first visit to SE asia from March 26 - April 20. I am going with 2 friends, and we want to party, scuba, and see as much as we can, basically. We have some of this hashed out, but are unsure about some of the trip. Just hoping to score a little advice. Here goes....

March 26 - arrive at BKK early in the morning
    27 - BKK
    28 - Travel to cambodia
    29 - Cambodia (Angkor wat/ Siem Reap)
    30 - Cambodia
    31 - Cambodia
    April 1 - Cambodia - BKK
    2 - BKK - Koh Samui (Flight already bought)
    3 - 7 - Koh Phangan for hanging out and FMP
    8 - Fly to Phuket
    9 - 12 - scuba in similan islands, check out phi phi, maybe phuket for a day
    13 - fly to Chiang Mai for Songkran
    14 - 16 - Enjoy CM
    17 - Fly back to BKK
    18 - night in BKK
    19 - Fly back late at night

So, my main concern is that this is putting way too much in to one schedule, and trying to fly to CM in the middle of Songkran. Since it is such a big holiday, it seems like it will be pretty hectic to travel during that time. The other option we have is to check out CM in the Cambodia slot at the beginning of the trip, and stay in Phuket for songkran. Then we would have to miss out on Cambodia completely. All suggestions welcome! Thanks!

#1 Posted: 1/2/2012 - 10:18

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Well, given the geograghic disparity of the places you want to see, flying is definitely the way to go.

I agree throwing Chiang Mai in is probably a reach. I would tag that time on to the end of my trip and spend it in Bangkok, which is an architectural monstrosity but has everything to do and tons of sights to see.

#2 Posted: 2/2/2012 - 04:24

• daxjf82

Joined Travelfish
    1st February, 2012

Thanks for the reply!

#3 Posted: 2/2/2012 - 14:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.