Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Chiang Mai cookery schools

• kriskeogh

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2011

We were thinking of doing a cookery course whilst in Chiang Mai as we have three days there, the first of which is straight after coming up from Bangkok on the overnight train.

Has anyone been on any and is it worth doing whilst there or leave it and o it elsewhere, our trip takes in Bangkok (3 days), Kanchanaburi (2 days), Ko Chang (5 days) and Krabi (5 days) plus some overnight traveling too.

#1 Posted: 16/2/2012 - 05:18

• Advertisement

• JulietteR

Joined Travelfish
    17th May, 2011
    Location United States
    Places visited:
    At least 31

Posted from within Vietnam.

i did a cooking class in Chiang Mai and really enjoyed it - i did the full day one at Sammy's Organic Farm (or something like that). The food was amazing, the people very nice... if you're thinking of doing a cooking class, I would say Chiang Mai is the place to do it! I haven't met a single person who wasn't happy with their class. There's tons of places in and around Chiang Mai (mine was on a farm about 30 min outside of town) and some have both full day and half day/night classes options.

I would also say you need more than 3 days in Chiang Mai :)

#2 Posted: 17/2/2012 - 01:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Best Thai Cookery schools/courses in Chiang Mai? ... By Jozudave on 17 Oct 2009 0 1128 17 Oct 2009
Cookery courses NOT in Chiang Mai ... By Seonach on 24 Feb 2010 5 1242 5 Mar 2010
Massage Schools in Chiang Mai ... By DannyJ on 3 Jan 2009 1 2233 4 May 2012
cooking schools during songkran in chiang mai ... By melmariet on 19 Mar 2013 1 1264 19 Mar 2013