Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Day trips out from Ao Nang

• kriskeogh

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2011

We have five days there and don't really want it to be anything more than a place to sleep so what is worth doing as days out or combining two shorter trips into one day, like sea kayaking in a morning and then something else in the afternoon.

We definately want to do a trip to Phi Phi and to Ko Lanta but what else is worth doing?

#1 Posted: 16/2/2012 - 05:23

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

then you have clearly chosen the wrong place to stay-why have all that trouble going in+out any day for visits-stay in Krabi town and enjoy the balmy evenings at the foodmarket pierside and lower prices. All those islands pretty much look the same to me-beach, bungalows etc. You might consider-if you stay Krabi-town, a trip out to a little further PangNga-with the James Bond scenery rocks in the sea.

#2 Posted: 17/2/2012 - 02:20

• kriskeogh

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2011

Thanks for your reply, Ao Nang was more down to my wife than me as she wanted somewhere with a beach and some shops/bars and places to eat. We haven't booked the hotel there yet, it is pay on arrival or cancel before hand.

I want to do a trip to Ko Lanta too as originally we were gonna spend our last week in Thailand island hopping from Langkawi northwards finishing up at Krabi then flying back to BKK.

#3 Posted: 17/2/2012 - 06:07

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

1. Krabi town-why even wonder about it-is full of bars. places to eat etc-remember that evening night market I mentioned?-but is not that noisy or scream+shout+drink too muth as Phuket or Samui.
    The prob with ANg is the cumbersome way you have to make every day-first out to Krabi town-then to busstation-and back late afternoon (nothing runs after 18.00-except private hire)-if you stay there, sit put and do the beachy things. As any guidebook would also have explained.
    As you asked about to Lanta: daft easy-and again a guidebook thing; the normal way (that means not for tourists who think they should go by boat-as its an island) is the hourly van Krabi town-via carferry into Lanta, also a lot faster and much more choice of times as that ferry. It uses the main orad and hence bypasses the airportturn off too. For a day out to there-need I really need to say you could also combine these 2 means?

#4 Posted: 21/2/2012 - 02:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.