Thailand forum

Ideas for a birthday island?

• wemaybesome-
    time

Joined Travelfish
    26th December, 2006
    Total reviews: 7

Hi,

My boyfriend and I arrive in Bangkok on 17th April to start our 6 months of travelling. It's my birthday and our anniversary on 23rd April and we want to go south to a nice island (picture postcard type hut on beach!). We're planning on leaving bangkok on 20th April and getting back there on 27th April to fly to Cambodia.

Any tips on where to go? how to get there? where to stay? etc - we're on a budget, but not scrimping too much for this week,

Thanks

Tara

#1 Posted: 14/3/2007 - 22:24

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Tara,

Arrgh, sorry for the late reply -- I thought there'd be some suggestions from others on this one!

If you're only going for a week and don't mind a splurge, Ko Mun Nork is a great option for say three days, and spend the other 3-4 days on either Ko Chang (could be a little wet) or Ko Samet. All three islands have picture-postcard beaches, Ko Mun Nork is very very little visited by westerners, but is lovely -- pack a few bottles of wine, a stack of good cheese and a few good books -- that's the kind of place it is! We're yet top send any friends there who have been disappointed...

#2 Posted: 18/3/2007 - 12:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.