Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Trips from Bangkok to Laos

• Hammy98

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

I will be in Thailand at the beginning of July and want to book a trip / tour that leaves Bangkok and goes to the North of Thailand and then into Laos.
    The trips I have found through travel agents in the UK seem to be all around the £500 and up region.
    Is anyone able to shed some light on booking trips / tours whilst I will be in Thailand and how much they are likely to cost?

Any information would be greatly received.

Cheers

James

#1 Posted: 17/2/2012 - 07:12

• Advertisement

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

James,

I would seriously recommend doing it independently without the aid of a tour group.

SE Asia is generally very safe, you will save yourself lots of money and you won't be rushing around so much. These tours typically only spend 2-3 days in each place and bring you to sanitised restaurants etc, away from the real heartbeat of a place. SE Asia is about being chilled out and not watching the clock.

In addition, getting around and booking stuff yourself could not be easier. There is somebody for everything in this part of the world.

#2 Posted: 17/2/2012 - 08:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.