Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Hui Hin stop

• kriskeogh

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2011

Our final leg southbound after Chiang Mai is the night train to Surat Thani or Trang, now if we can get a morning flight from Chiang Mai is it worth jumping a train to Hui Hun, have a few hours there early evening then carry our trip on southbound. Would only be 4 - 6 hours but as a place is it worth calling it, or is Cha-am better or just sack it off totally?

#1 Posted: 17/2/2012 - 12:45

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Can not comment on the whole trip because I've never done it but Hua Hin is just a fancy beach town and it depends on why you'd like to stop there.
    There aren't any big sights that are "un-missable". If it's just to get a proper meal and stretch your legs by all means do it. It is touristy though.

For me, personally, I would either stop there for a night or get the whole trip over with and don't stop in Hua Hin, or Cha-am for that matter, at all.

#2 Posted: 17/2/2012 - 23:16

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

No, this is in practice not possible by TRAIN-on which you should not jump anytime, just board it when it has stopped. This due to the timetables, eternal delays etc. and in this case due to the much longer route they travel as direct road.
    By BUS quite feasible and will double your time over there-BTW thet place is named as above correct; Hua Hin= stone head.
    There hardly is any diff beteen HH or Ch-and Ch has even fewer trains stopping. As above: beachsidetowns, mainly aiming at 65+ Scandinavian pensioners.
    Really for me BKK is the place to be-as thats again where I am now and has soo much to offer that after so many years it still keeps me entertained. So why not for you? Or make it a daytrip out to un kown places in/around BKK-chack bangkokdaytrips.com

#3 Posted: 19/2/2012 - 01:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.