Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

stolen things on the bus from krabi to ko phangan

• danig

Joined Travelfish
    16th March, 2007

we booked a bus from krabi to ko phangan - after about 3 hours we had to change the bus in the middle of nowhere! without an obvious reason! in this bus our luggage was stored downstairs in the first class part of the bus!
    in ko phangan we recognised that our backbags where repacked incorrectly!
    and there where missing about 100 dollars! we where talking to some of the other passengers, wich had the same problem, also missing money! we can not do something because we dont even know the name of the travelagency! we only got the typical sticker with the destination on it! and on this was written ANDAMAN!

#1 Posted: 16/3/2007 - 10:07

• Advertisement

• tails101

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

Unfortunately this is quite a common scam with non-government, cheap, backpacker VIP bus services in Thailand (or at least it was a couple of years ago...).

It never happened to me, but I know of several people that lost money/valuable that they'd left in their main packs whilst using these services and several more that could tell their bags had been gone through.

With the set-up on the buses, whilst your sat upstairs, someone downstairs tends to be working through the bags seeing what they can find.

I know this is of no comfort to you at all, and sorry to hear you've lost money... All I can suggest is if you ever use this type of bus again - always keep all your valuables with you... That way, even if they go through your bag, there is nothing for them to take... or try government buses instead, where this doesn't seem to happen.

Happy travelling!
    Mark

#2 Posted: 16/3/2007 - 21:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.